- Paperback: 584 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2009 edition (11 Jun. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1441967397
- ISBN-13: 978-1441967398
- Product Dimensions: 22.9 x 15.5 x 3.3 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,677,210 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #567 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Health Psychology
- #918 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Occupational Therapy
- #1398 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Counselling & Therapy
- See Complete Table of Contents
International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions Paperback – 11 Jun 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions
Ingrid Söderback, Uppsala Universitet, Uppsala and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Resources for rehabilitation specialists tend to follow a straight line: injury―disability―limitation―intervention. The International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions breaks with this tradition, organized by type of intervention based on recommendations in the International Classification of Functioning and organized according to the occupational therapist's expert roles as manager for adaptation, teacher for learning occupations, enabler for recovery and promotor of health and wellness. This innovative, user-friendly system identifies candidates for particular interventions in terms of the range of syndromes and illnesses they are applicable to, encouraging critical thinking, problem solving, and best evidenced practice. The book’s wide spectrum of interventions coupled with its international perspective creates a unique source of evidence-based strategies for improving patient adaptation, functioning, and recovery.
- Describes interventions in such areas as environmental accessibility, ergonomics, pain management, sensory functional training, electric prostheses, music therapy, psychoeducation, and cognitive teaching.
- Features interventions suited to all areas of daily life: home, work, and leisure.
- Clarifies the occupational therapist’s/physiotherapist’s role in multidisciplinary care.
- Includes material on accident/illness prevention and health promotion strategies.
- Supplies reference lists of studies regarding the clinical efficacy of interventions.
- Demonstrates the use of a common technical language for the field.
Occupational and physical therapists, physicians, experts in rehabilitation, and health psychologists, will find the International Handbook of Occupational Therapeutic Interventions a source of practice-enhancing tools and ideas. Its clarity of presentation makes it highly useful to readers in related fields (such as insurance case workers and ergonomic architects and engineers) as well.
About the Author
Dr. Söderback is an Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation at the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden and University Lecturer Emerita associated to the Department of Public Health and Caring Science at Uppsala University in Sweden. She has worked for 40 years in occupational therapy, health care, and rehabilitation. She is an Associate Editor of the Journal Occupational Therapy International, and she is the coauthor of Occupational Therapy & Ergonomics.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Physiotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Counselling & Therapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Health Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z