- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: Ebury Press (4 Nov. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0091897661
- ISBN-13: 978-0091897666
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 4 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (141 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,729 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Funniest Thing You Never Said: The Ultimate Collection of Humorous Quotations Paperback – 4 Nov 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"An outstanding up-to-date anthology" (Sunday Times)
Bestselling bumper book of funny quotations from the classics to the contemporarySee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
You will find quotes on every subject imaginable and they range from droll observations to cleverly witty to downright pee your pants hilarious! Only the totally humourless wouldn't find themselves laughing out loud.
This book makes an excellent gift.
If you know anyone who tends to sway towards books like this as opposed to novels I'd strongly recommend it as a gift.... and then get one for yourself. :)
This may very well be enough, for example:
- "I took a speed reading course, and read War & Peace in 20 minutes. It's about Russia." (Woody Allen)
- "Money doesn't make you happy. I have 50$ million but I was just as happy when I had 48$ million." (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot (Groucho Marx)
But in other cases this simply isn't enough, not to mention many other quotes that you simply can't include in the book if you choose a format of "bare bone" quote. For example: (From another book) the quote "I do, I wear trousers. And i wash and iron them, too" would hardly have raised a smile if it wasn't for the info that came along with it - it was the reply of Denis Thatcher to the Times question "Who wore the trousers at home?".
Another example: FDR is quoted as saying "He may be a son of a b??tch, but he's our own S.O.A.B".
This may be funny, but if you have the context in which it was said (Roosevelt on President Somoza of Nicaragua, 1938) it has a better chance of being considered as such - but for that info you'll have to look elsewhere, like in the Oxford Dictionary of Humorous Quotations, where you'll also learn FDR's birth and death dates, along with a credit to where else this quote already appeared.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very pleased with this book. Laugh out loud quotes. Laughter is the best medicine.Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great for my coffee table & bookshelf too. Guests always take it down. There's a copy next to the 'throne' in the Loo as well well er... Read morePublished 3 months ago by t4toyo
Bought this as a present but had a quick flick through before handing over. States the obvious and things you can imagine you could have said.Published 4 months ago by JannyPanny