- Hardcover: 560 pages
- Publisher: Viking; First Edition edition (11 Feb. 1988)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0670812951
- ISBN-13: 978-0670812950
- Product Dimensions: 50.8 x 50.8 x 50.8 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 63,788 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Financial Times: A Centenary History Hardcover – 11 Feb 1988
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
In the past two decades, the Financial Times , a London-based daily, has emerged as a worthy competitor to the Wall Street Journal. In this commissioned history, British financial writer Kynaston draws on company records, published memoirs, but mostly the paper itself to write a candid, critical history. He traces the paper back to 1884 when Harry Marks established a small London daily, the Financial News . A competitor, the Financial Times , appeared in London in 1888. The papers proved worthy competitors through strikes, depression, and wars until 1945, when they merged. Since then, the Financial Times has broadened its general news coverge, expanded circulation, and established editions in Frankfurt and New York. Kynaston makes a potentially dull subject engaging. Essential for journalism and of interest to business collections.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Finance and Stock Market History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Microeconomics
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences