- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
F.M.R.L.: Footnotes, Mirages, Refrains and Leftovers of Writing Sound Paperback – 24 Apr 2015
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Daniela Cascella is the most literary listener I know. In the frenzy of ephemera collected here, she catches echoes between films and philosophy, sculpture and drama, music and novels. Grounded in French surrealism, Italian narrative, and American poetry, F.M.R.L. auscultates books by some of the most magical writers from the past century: Clarice Lispector, Gert Jonke, and above all Michel Leiris. In the process, Cascella investigates the very logic of sound: its recursiveness; its decay; its interference patterns and resonant sympathies. Attending to the blur of voices into noise at the borders of understanding, Cascella gives back the songs of sound's extended techniques, transmuting noise back into poetry at the borders of these pages. F.M.R.L. is a Passagen-Werk of the inner ear. --Craig Dworkin, author of No Medium (MIT Press 2013)
About the Author
Daniela Cascella is an Italian writer based in London. Her research is driven by a longstanding interest in the relationship between listening, reading, writing and in the contingent conversations, questions, frictions, kinships that the three practices generate, host or complicate.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Biography > Artists, Architects & Photographers
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Critical Theory
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature > Criticism & Reference
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Learning to Play, Write & Record Music > Recording Music
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism