- Also check our best rated Mobile Broadband reviews
Belkin WeMo F7C027uk Switch Smart Plug (Wi-Fi Smart Plug, Control Lights and Appliances from Phone, Works with Amazon Alexa)
|Deal Price:||£27.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£21.00 (43%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Use motion to turn electronics on or off
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile internet, at home and away
- Put your electronic devices on a schedule
- Modular system - You can add WeMo switches easily any time
- Control as much or as little of your house as you want to
|AmazonBasics LED bulbs provide an exceptionally long life|
and immediate, significant energy savings.
Dimmable and undimmable models available in a variety of wattages
LED Bulb B22
Packs of 2 & 6
£10.99 - £22.99
LED Bulb E14
Packs of 2 & 6
£8.99 - £22.99
LED Bulb E27
Packs of 2 & 6
£8.49 - £23.39
LED Bulb GU10
Packs of 2, 6 & 10
£9.49 - £28.99
LED Bulb GU5.3
Packs of 2, 6 & 10
£7.99 - £31.99
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Did you forget to turn off the window air conditioner? How about that curling iron? Want the living room lamp to turn on when the sun goes down - automatically? The Wemo Switch gives you control of your lamps and small appliances whenever you want, wherever you choose, with tonnes of options for scheduling and automation. Paired with Amazon Alexa, you can control your lamps and appliances with your voice. When Wemo works with Nest Thermostat, you can set your lights to turn off automatically when you leave the house and on when you get home again. No central hub or subscription is required. Wemo also has an on/off switch on the unit, in case the Wi-Fi goes down. Compatible with Apple iOS 8 or higher and Android 4.1 or higher.
Belkin WeMo Home Automation Switch for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
From the Manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Remotely turn appliances and electronic devices on and off
- Set schedules and receive customised notifications
- Control using the free WeMo App on smartphone or tablet
WeMo Switch lets you turn electronic devices on and off or set worry-free schedules right from your phone. Simply plug it into a socket and plug your device into the Switch. It's that easy.
Compatible with Apple (iOS 6 and higher) and Android (4.0 and higher), Switch works with your home Wi-Fi and can be accessed anywhere in the world over Wi-Fi or via 3G or 4G networks. It also works with iPod touch (3rd generation and later), iPhone (3GS and later), iPad (all models) and Android tablets.
Never Worry you Left Something On Again
Switch can turn anything plugged in on and off automatically like lamps, fans, space heaters and other electronic devices. Set worry-free schedules to match the rhythms of your home.
Have Your Lamp Come On At Sunset
Have your lights turn on at sunset and off at sunrise with the free WeMo App. Or combine sun and time rules to have a light to turn on at sunset and off at a predetermined time. It's quick, easy and can be adjusted right from your phone.
Put a Light to Work While you're Away
Away mode makes it look like you're home even when you're not with preset lighting schedules. Lights go on and off automatically or can be controlled remotely from your phone.
Turn Off The Kids' Room From Your Room
Never risk waking up the little ones again by sneaking in to turn off that humidifier or white noise machine. With Switch, you can take care of everything without even getting out of bed.
WeMo is Completely Modular
WeMo products are designed to work together via the free WeMo App, allowing you to light and control as much or as little of your home as you like. Pair any products from the WeMo family to program and monitor multiple electronic devices or appliances throughout your home.
For example, you can extend control even to other parts of your home with a WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set, which will give you control over single light bulbs, allowing you not only to turn them on or off from your smartphone, but also to dim to the required atmosphere setting. An Insight Switch will even let you know how much energy your appliances are using. The combinations are endless.
Multiple electronic devices can be controlled from the WeMo App, giving you instant visibility to every connected device. The WeMo App also works on multiple smartphones and tablets simultaneously.
Get Creative with IFTTT Automated Recipes
Turn lamps, coffee makers, fans and other electronics on when you get near home or off when you leave by using IFTTT (If This, Then That). Switch can even flash the lights when your favorite team scores a goal. With IFTTT, you can create conditional relationships between your products and connect them to a wide array of online apps.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The units are maximum 20ft from the wifi hub, and signal strength at the unit is excellent checked by independent wifi analyser tools. There is also no co channel interference on the WIFI channel I am using. This would suggest that the firmware to these units is still only at prototype phase and flawed. I have cleared the units and reprogrammed all the units from scratch and within a couple of days they are back with their random failure to switch off. I would recommend waiting until the firmware is fixed or updated as there is a serious reliability issue with them when programmed to switch off at a certain time. (Maybe the switch software needs to be rewritten to ensure a multiple switch off pulse is sent?) If this could be fixed these units would be excellent.
Following extensive investigation of my issues by the WEMO support team and their engineering experts during February, it has transpired that if one does a soft reset (not defined in any instructions) and then reset the name of the device and the rules, they all work perfectly. It transpires that a soft reset clears down garbage in the Belkin Cloud server that can be prior present even for new devices.Read more ›
Unfortunately the Insight switch I had eventually melted and almost caught fire. The loading was just under 3000 watts and a resistive load so well within the tolerances of the device. I believe the contacts inside the switch where the plug goes in were defective. Have obviously returned and hoping the replacement will be a bit more successful.
The problems start when you try to set up rules to control the switch. Belkin say you need at least Android v4, which I have, but attempting to save a rule, having set it up, invariably results in the app hanging. That's assuming I've managed to set up the rule at all, which isn't guaranteed. A search of the relevant Web communities indicates that many users have exactly the same experience. Belkin technical support isn't good. There are several dead links to articles whose titles indicate that they address precisely these issues.
So why have I given the device 3 stars? Because, once you've linked the device to your wireless network, you don't need the WeMo app at all. Join the IFTTT.com site, link your device and account and set up whatever rules you like from there. It all works easily, transparently and reliably. Belkin seem to have shot themselves in the foot by reinventing the wheel and making it square.
There is one remaining problem (that I know of). The switch has a habit of turning itself on a little after midnight if no on-off sequence spans two days. Belkin appear to know about this because there's a support article about it. Or rather, there's the title of a support article. Naturally, the link is broken. There's an obvious work-around: simply set up a rule to turn the switch off at, say 00:15 but that's a bit primitive.
So, in summary, I like the device and find it very useful now that I've spent some time tinkering and understood what works, what doesn't and how to get round the latter. But it could be so much better.
- 4 years later: 10th November 2016:
- Two WeMo Switches still in working order.
- Firmware for devices continues to be updated.
- iOS app still works with old devices (e.g. iPhone 4s).
- Recommend status:
- At time of purchase: Yes.
- Four years later: There are no doubt many more and newer products on the market by now, including a newer WeMo model. More choice than what was available at the time of purchase. The below review still stands.
- Note: This is a review of the original WeMo Switch, not any other WeMo product.
- Size: 3/5. A smaller unit would be welcome. The width of the unit can prevent neighbouring plug sockets from being used. However, this may not be the case depending on the chosen power supply (e.g. some power strips have a larger distance between sockets)
- Build quality: 4/5
- Initial set up: 4/5.
- Weight: Appropriate.
- Appearance: Clean. Minimal.
- Noise: Runs silently. Emits a single click sound when switching a device on or off.
### Functionality + iOS Application:
- Using with: iPhone 4S running the newest OS available to it.
- Load time: As of version 1.15.2 the app takes a couple of seconds to load (i.e. cold launch app, find devices).
- Function: 4/5. Works perfectly.
- Ease of use (once set up): 5/5.
- Very customisable.
- Responsiveness: 5/5. Triggered switches are nearly instant (under a second).
- Switches and status can be triggered and viewed remotely. (Handy for cases of "Did I leave the *item of choice* on?")
- Allows for fairly specific rules.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Surprised there are so many negative views, easy to set up and works reliably with my wi-fi.Published 11 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Does the job but not without problems.
Firstly, it only works on 2.4ghz which isn't a huge problem but annoying when it's the only device that requires it. Read more
Great device, software leaves a lot to be desired.
If anyone is having difficulty connecting their WeMo switches, or having them staying connected : all you need to do... Read more
Bought 6 months ago, used with alexa to turn a light on and off. Hardly a complex task but for my 90 yr old mother a great help. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Dancer
plugged in and set up ok( it took some work to get going) ....a few weeks later got a new home hub wifi box but then the problems started the belkin needs to reset to the new hub... Read morePublished 11 days ago by alan oakes
These are excellent smart plugs, easy to set up from their App and very simple to use, great that they are Amazon Echo & IFTTT compatible.Published 13 days ago by Shamon
Look for similar items by category
- Computers & Accessories > Accessories > Tablet Accessories > Chargers & Adapters
- Computers & Accessories > Networking Devices > Mobile Internet Devices
- DIY & Tools > Electrical > Outlets
- DIY & Tools > Electrical > Switches & Dimmers
- DIY & Tools > Electrical > Timers
- Electronics & Photo > Accessories > Home Audio & Video Accessories > Remote Controls