- Also check our best rated Mobile Broadband reviews
LaMetric Time Wi-Fi Clock with Apps
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Always get precise time and show your difference with thousands of clock faces.
- Track weather, emails, events, tweets, followers, news, deadlines and other metrics from the Internet almost in real-time.
- Connect to IFTTT and display notifications or launch actions with the click of a button, build your own apps.
- Wake up to your favourite Internet radio stations, stream music to stereo speakers via Bluetooth.
- Standalone Wi-Fi device. iPhone(iOS 7 or greater) or Android(4.0.3 or greater) smartphone is needed for setting up and configuration only.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Energy efficiency classA+++
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
LaMetric Time tracks time, weather, emails, calendar events, tweets, followers, news, deadlines and any other metric needed for your home or business, and displays them almost in real-time! It works as an always-on display for the whole family by showing notifications from smart home devices and allowing anyone to control them with the click of a button. LaMetric Time eliminates the need to check multiple apps or news sites for the information you need. Instead, you receive key information at a glance, all in one place. The possibilities are endless. It also shows real-time notifications from IFTTT-connected services. LaMetric Time is standalone Wi-Fi device, iPhone or Android smartphone is needed for setting it up and configuration only. The interface is easy to use: left and right buttons for navigation between the apps, middle button for taking related actions. The form factor is sized to fit well on a table, shelf, shop-front or a counter.
Don’t feel alone and make your day with fun icons and animations, add corporate identity to office clocks, join the community of creators and make your timepiece different. The combination of useful information and pixel art creates the unique charm of your environment.
Controlling home devices from a smartphone is good, but not enough when the entire family needs access to the information. LaMetric Time is always-on, highly visible intelligent display & control for smart home devices. It shows information from such devices like Netatmo, Alexa, Nest, Sonos, Ring, SmartThings and controls Philips Hue, WeMo and others with the click of a button.
Make yourself more productive by getting time, weather, tweets, followers, breaking news, stock quotes, workout timers and other key information at a glance.
Inside the meeting room, LaMetric can show time till the end of the meeting and motivate colleagues to finish in time. Place LaMetric on the shelf or shop-front and engage customers with promotions or get likes to your Facebook page
LaMetric IFTTT channel allows to display notifications from lots of services or smart devices. With LaMetric Developer, you can create indicator apps that allow to track sales figures, KPIs, other metrics or button apps which let you take actions like get a taxi with the click of an action button.
Wake up to your favourite Internet radio station in the mornings. Built-in Bluetooth will help you stream favourite music from services like Spotify, iTunes, Pandora to LaMetric stereo speakers. Enjoy the visual equalizer!
Describe your product in 3 words.
Metrics. Music. Style.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
We used to work in a digital agency and often had a hard time gathering all the most important product numbers like app’s ranking, downloads and website stats. It simply took too long to gather them from different slow loading sites. We decided to solve this problem by creating a simple device that saves time, tracks key metrics autonomously and motivates the team. We believe that key information should radiate, people do not need to spend time on getting something important.
What makes your product special?
Most of the existing devices are personal and designed around the seeking information. Besides personal use, LaMetric works for your family and team, it eliminates the seeking process and delivers only important things. LaMetric makes it with style by shaping key information and pixel art into simplicity. As a result, the environment is getting more cheerful, intelligent and engaging.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
The initial product launch and getting it off the ground was really challenging. We’re extremely grateful to our Kickstarter backers, supporters, and everyone who pre-ordered LaMetric Time from the first batch. Seeing the excitement of our first customers once they had hands on the device was super rewarding.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Decided to buy this for myself for Xmas, coz my wife was going to get me wallpaper as a Xmas gift.
The apps for it are very good and the level of customisation is very good. The wifi is only 802.11n, so if it can't detect wifi, you'll need something on the 2.4GHz range.
Going to the URL(once connected to the lametric) to download the iOS/android app is the only way I could find to download the program. There were no links to it on their website and [...] didn't work for me either.
After checking this device using nmap, it seems as though port 22 and port 9001 are open. Port 22 I know what that is for, but I can't get access to the device (and their support team said they won't hand out credentials due to some BS security issue - it's my device, i want access to it!! Why the backdoor?!). TBH, it shouldn't be open in the first place!!! Why would you need it there?
Port 9001 is a bit more insidious. From a quick google, port 9001 is for Tor traffic. Now why would that be open on a lametric device? I fortunately don't have any crap consumer router (I built my own linux firewall), but I suspect if I did it might use something like uPNP to open a port and forward traffic to the lametric to act as a Tor exit node.
I am still awaiting a proper response from Smart Atoms customer service as to why that is open....
* Network wise, it pings developer.lametric.com (2 ICMP packets) every 10 seconds - not sure why though - this is fine though.
* For NTP, it goes went to random servers, which I found odd. I would expect it to use pool.ntp.org, rather than a static address, but I didn't see a DNS lookup for pool.ntp.Read more ›
The clock came in a decent well packaged box, inside with the clock covered in protective film and adapters for European, UK plugs & USB. Also comes with instructions which is easy to read and different languages are available. Setting up it's just plug in into the mains or computer, download the app and follow the instructions either on the paper or your phone and presto it's all up and running!
The app is simple and responsive with no problems, easy to navigate. Easy to customise your clock with it's tutorials on the start of the app, and browsing the store of apps it comes with is fantastic! All free so you don't have to worry about anything once you buy this. Easily customizable, automatic brightness to lower it during night if you so wish to have it on. Also the radio is superb! I know German and you can have access to any radio station in the world and been listening to German pod casts as well! I couldn't find Heart or Kiss which worked but it will come eventually!
The only con with it is that when you plug the cable into the adapter its in the front, which means you can't fit it behind any tight spaces. You need at least about 15cm from the plug socket outlet to make it fit. But, that doesn't flaw the product itself. This alarm clock with all of these apps is brilliant. I recommend it and it comes with a 1 year warranty if you sign it up on the site and ALSO you can create apps on their site which is completely free and help contribute your creations to the community!
In the end, brilliant product. Get it!
This is really hard to categorise.
* it has an interesting display that you can easily change to show time, weather etc
* It has a library of widgets available to display different things / updates
* It has integrations into IFTT etc. to enable the integrations to be extended. For example I have used with IFTT to display a notification when I drive past a certain location so that my wife knows when I am 5 mins from home.
* There are some simple yet powerful tools to enable you to create your own information feeds
* There is a button on the top that can be programmed to do stuff, especially when integrated with IFTT. However, one button is actually of little use. I have programmed it so that you can toggle one of my WEMO units on/off, but as you need to use the right/left button to get to that channel before pressing the button, it is not particularly useful apart from as a fallback in case my Alexa voice control has stopped working for some reason.Read more ›
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
We'd like to point out in case you've missed this that there are several working modes for your LaMetric Time which are responsible for the way how apps are switched on LaMetric Time:
- If you wish to change apps on the screen of LaMetric automatically, choose Auto Scroll Apps. It is also possible to make app stay 2 or 3 times longer than others. So you will be able to see on your device for example time, weather and stock quotes data.
- If there is a necessity to display only one app and do not change it on the screen, choose Show one app.
- If you want to change apps on the screen of LaMetric using navigation buttons on the device, choose Click To Scroll Apps.
To select an appropriate way of apps changing on LaMetric screen use the Mode Switcher on the bottom of the screen with apps.
If sometimes Scroll speed of the text is too fast, you may try out the Typewriter option (Settings>Text>Text Animation>Typewriter) as this option allows you to control the text speed.
Feel free to reach us at email@example.com for any additional information. It will be a pleasure assisting you.
LaMetric Customer Care
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I do really enjoy the LaMatric WiFi clock. It has some really powerful features and it's very customisable thanks to the Android app. Read morePublished 14 days ago by frolicols
I've thought hard about whether to do a review for the LaMetric because of its very high price, but at the same time I think it's not nearly well selling as it deserves to be and I... Read morePublished 15 days ago by K. Richardson
Every once in a while, a product comes out that changes the way we view technology. Something that fills a certain void in the market, enhances our overall productivity, but at the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Andy Kumar
Like it a lot. Easy to read clock and I am using the Weather, Calendar, Stocks apps on it. Internet radio works fine but sound quality not as good as my radio so I don't use it so... Read morePublished 1 month ago by smp
Fantastic product, little on the pricey side, but a great gadget for your home-automation / smart home needs! Read morePublished 2 months ago by Luke Tomlin