- Get £5 off qualifying orders of £25 or more. Enter code BIGTHANKS at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save £30 on Sonos Beam Speaker when bought with any TV Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save £50 on Sonos Home Theatre (Playbase or Playbar) when bought with any TV Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Visit the TV Buying Guide at Amazon.co.uk to find the right TV for you. Browse our Buying Guide and Review Hub, to learn more, or shop our range of best selling models, by use and technology.
- Also check our best rated Smart TV reviews
- Also check our best rated 50 Inch TV reviews
2 Years Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Philips 55POS9002/05 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD OLED TV with Android Smart TV, Ambilight 3-sided, HDR Perfect, Freeview HD, 30w Sound (2017 Model) Silver [Energy Class B]
|You Save:||£201.00 (17%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Ultra HD Premium certified with an OLED display; experience deeper blacks and impressive colours in stunning 4K Ultra HD resolution
- Philips P5 picture quality engine digitally optimises everything you view by a state-of-the-art algorithm: Enjoy deep blacks and bright whites, brilliant colours and natural, lifelike skin tones
- Ambilight three sided makes your viewing experience more immersive by emitting a wide glow from your TV screen onto the wall; colour and excitement move beyond the screen
- Android TV with the Google Play store and Philips app gallery bring you an online collection of films, TV, music, apps and games
- All Philips TVs come with a two year guarantee
- Please note, ITV Hub, ALL 4 and MY5 UK catch-up apps are not available on Philips Android TV
- Includes two year UK warranty
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare with similar items
Philips 50PUS6753/12 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR Plus, Freeview Play and Ambilight 3-sided - Dark Silver (2018 Model)
LG OLED55B8SLC 55-Inch Premium 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart OLED TV (2018 Model) - Black
Philips 43PUS6523/12 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR Plus and Freeview Play - Dark Silver (2018 Model)
Philips 55OLED803/12 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD OLED TV with Android Smart TV, HDR Perfect and Ambilight 3-sided (2018 Model) [Energy Class B]
LG OLED55B7V 55 inch Premium 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart OLED TV (2017 Model)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||ASK||Tvsandmore||Amazon.co.uk||Reliant Direct|
|Connectivity Technology||HDMI: 4, USBs: 2, (YPbPr): 1, Wireless connections: Dual Band, Wi-Fi 11ac 2x2 integrated, Common Interface Plus (CI+), Digital audio out (optical), Antenna IEC75, Satellite Connector, Ethernet-LAN RJ-45, Audio L/R in, Headphone out, EasyLink (HDMI-CEC): Remote control pass-through, System audio control, System standby, One touch play||Number of HDMI connections: 3 Number of components in (YPbPr): 1,Number of USBs: 2,Wireless connections: Wi-Fi 11n 2x2 integrated, Dual Band,Antenna IEC75,Satellite Connector,Common Interface Plus (CI+),Digital audio out (optical), Ethernet-LAN RJ-45,Audio L/R in,Headphone out||Bluetooth||Number of HDMI connections: 3 Number of components in (YPbPr): 1,Number of USBs: 2,Wireless connections: Wi-Fi 11n 2x2 integrated, Dual Band,Antenna IEC75,Satellite Connector,Common Interface Plus (CI+),Digital audio out (optical), Ethernet-LAN RJ-45,Audio L/R in,Headphone out||hdmi; USB; Wireless||Wireless|
|Display Resolution Max||4K Ultra HD||4K Ultra HD||4K Ultra HD||4K Ultra HD||3840 x 2160 @60 Hz pixels||4K Ultra HD|
|Display Size||55 inches||50 inches||55 inches||43 inches||55 inches||55 inches|
|Image Aspect Ratio||16:9||4:3||16:9||16:09||16:9||16:9|
|Item Dimensions||4.75 cm x 1.23 m x 71.5 cm||1.13 m x 6.8 cm x 66.3 cm||4.7 cm x 1.23 m x 70.7 cm||97.1 x 7.7 x 56.3 cm||23 cm x 1.22 m x 71.28 cm||25.4 cm x 1.23 m x 76.4 cm|
|Item Weight||17.21 kg||13.6 kg||16.3 kg||8.8 kg||21.1 kg||18.6 kg|
|Special Feature||4K Ultra HD OLED HDR Perfect TV, Ambilight 3-sided, Screen Size 55 inches, P5 Picture Processing Engine, HDR Perfect, DTS HD Premium sound processing||—||4K HDR Ultra HD Certified with Dolby Vision; Catch-up TV & 4K Streaming with webOS; Freeview HD with Freeview Play / Freesat HD; HDMI 2.0b x 4||—||—||Smart / Internet|
|Tuner Technology||DVB-S||Freeview Play||Freeview HD; Freesat HD; Freeview Play||DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-S2||Digital||Freeview Play|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Legal DisclaimerPlease note, ITV Hub, ALL 4 and MY5 UK catch-up apps are not available on Philips Android TV
Energy efficiency classA to G
Energy consumption219 Kilowatt Hours Per Year per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
Visible screen diagonal55" / 140 cm
Style Name: TV Only | Size Name: 55 Inch
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Philips 55 Inch 9002 4K Ultra HD OLED Android TV with Freeview HD and Ambilight three sided has a metallic design. OLED is the next generation of TV technology. Unlike conventional LED TVs, OLED does not need a backlight, each pixel makes its own colour and light. When they are turn off, they are completely black, giving enhanced colours and astonishing contrast that allow you to enjoy the pure, most lifelike image produced from a Philips TV. This TV is also Ultra HD Premium certified. Ultra HD has 4X the resolution of standard Full HD, this gives sharper, crisper, more detailed images. With HDR Perfect enjoy the ultimate contrast and colours, with unrivalled levels of vivid detail. The new Philips P5 picture quality engine digitally optimises everything you view by a state-of-the-art algorithm. Now you will enjoy deep blacks and bright whites, colours and natural, lifelike skin tones. Experience fluid, razor-sharp pictures with incredible detail and depth, in sport, movie or any other genre. Philips unique Ambilight technology makes your viewing experience more immersive by emitting a wide glow from three sides of your TV screen onto the wall. Colour and excitement move beyond the screen. Android TV with the Google Play store and Philips app gallery bring you an online collection of films, TV, music, apps and games. Includes built-in Chrome cast so you can easily cast a wide variety of apps directly to the television. Please note, ITV Hub, All 4, MY 5 UK catch-up services are not available directly on Philips Android TVs. This TV has 30 W RMS sound and uses DTS HD Premium sound processing, which is designed to deliver immersive surround with deep, rich bass and crystal-clear dialogue. Uses a Quad-Core processor. Wide connectivity options for all your devices: 4x HDMI, 2x USB, Wi-Fi, Antenna, Satellite connector, CI+, Digital optical out, Headphone socket. For added peace of mind all Philips TVs come with a two year warranty included.
Please note, ITV Hub, ALL 4 and MY5 UK catch-up apps are not available on Philips Android TVSee all Product description
From the manufacturer
Award winning OLED TV
The 9002 OLED TV brings you a perfect viewing experience through deeper blacks and impressive colours in 4K Ultra-HD resolution. With P5 Engine performance and Android TV, the possibilities are endless.
Ambilight changes the way you watch TV forever
Philips' unique Ambilight technology creates a more intense and immersive experience, with lights and colours that projects onto the wall behind the TV. The colours match the scenes on the screen and gives the impression of a picture that moves beyond the borders of the screen.
OLED TV: The next generation of TV technology
With an OLED TV you get to experience the deepest blacks, which creates improved colours and an incredible contrast.
If you like streaming, you'll love the P5 picture processor
Philips' new 5-in-1 picture processing engine P5 optimizes sharpness, colour, contrast and motion. It also corrects flaws while streaming low quality video content.
Android TV™: a world of content
With Android in your TV, you'll have access to an endless stream of apps, games, movies and music. You can even use the built-in Chromecast to connect your smart device with the TV.
Sharp picture quality with 4K Ultra HD
Ultra HD TV has four times the resolution of a Full HD TV. With over 8 million pixels, you'll enjoy a sharper and more detailed picture.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Operating system annoyingly buggy however and produces quite frequent crashes or issues, eg. keyboard on remote control not working, Hue lights not shutting down properly after use, lip sync issues with external devices. Notably, this TV hasn't received any updates since December - very much unlike the same model in the rest of Europe where most of the bugs have already been fixed months ago and access to basic apps such as Amazon Prime has been added. A real shame and very disappointing that Philips is not willing or capable to act any faster in the UK.
1. Picture quality is oversaturated and pretty much all shadow detail is lost. i.e. even greys are blacks meaning you miss on large parts of the picture. It seems like I’ve got a faulty panel so will give another panel a try.
2. Connecting with a Sonos beam over HDMI really doesn’t work and apparently this is a known issue that they are trying to fix with software. According to Philips support, all soundbars will suffer this. Though I suspect they mean all HDMI soundbars.
a) There’s a juddering sound whenever a source input is switched
b) Lipsync randomly goes out of sync from time to time
c) The audio sometimes cuts out randomly
3. HDMI-CEC doesn’t work. For the last six years my TVs have had HDMI-CEC which means that any devices, e.g. PS4 can turn on the TV meaning you don’t always have to find the TV remote and can just use the device you care about at the time to control the TV. I’ve found this doesn’t work with my PS4 and *sometimes* works with the Apple TV.
4. Inputs randomly switch. Periodically the TV will switch to another input for no apparent reason (remotes in view and not being touched).
Android is also quite frustrating and inconsistent on the TV.
It feels like it could be a great TV and perhaps I’ve been unlucky with quality control, so will give another panel a try but the image quality is really poor on the one I’ve received. Overall I’ve been quite disappointed by the tv and the support around it.
If you get one of these and feel the image is off - I’d suggest reporting it and getting a replacement.
cons: bo software update since 2017 in uk!
no amazon prime , no dolby atmos with netflix, cant connect my philips hue bulbs with amblight because when i turn tv off the hue lights iv connected to ambilight stay on, even if i turn them off through hue app the come back on seconds later so had to disconnect them from ambilight!
come on philips please give us a software update!
Update: TV has now stopped working. Promised software update by customer support in December which never came so had to put up with all the glitches such as picture and sound falling out of synch. Then (one day after the Amazon return period ended ironically) today the red led sensor light started to have a fit and the tv will now not work, the red led just blocks and various menu screen come on for one second before vanishing. Followed the online guide but still just does the same thing.
Contacted Philips customer services as I just want rid now - the fact it’s called POS “pile of s***’ is telling.
I see what Hi-Fi are listing it as a great by - avoid like the plague.