Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Sennheiser HD 558 Around-Ear Open Back Headphones - Black
|Price:||£119.99 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£40.00 (25%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Audiophile-grade, high performance headphones
- Internal Sound Reflector for an extended spatial field immerses the listener in rich audio
- Light and comfortable for long periods, the soft velour ear pads help to allow your ears to breathe for relaxed and truly pleasurable long listening sessions
- Very clear and detailed, able to deal with complex pieces with ease
- Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement (E.A.R.) design channels the audio signal directly into your ears (simulating loudspeakers)
There is a newer model of this item:
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
HD 558 Home Audio Headphone
With their special Internal Surround Reflectors, the HD 558 open-backed, ‘around-the-ear’ headphones are able to generate an extended spatial sound field; making them ideal for listening to home cinema as well as music. Also fitted with Sennheiser’s innovative E.A.R. technology; this allows for the accurate channelling of audio signals into your ears for a better and wider sound image. Sophisticated dual-layer diaphragms also reduce unwanted vibrations within the ear cups to an absolute minimum. The use of carefully selected materials ensures these headphones are extremely lightweight and supremely comfortable to wear for long listening sessions.
Learn more about the HD 558 wired headphones
Sennheiser's innovative "Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement" (E.A.R.) technology and Surround Reflector combine together to offer a more three dimensional listening experience. Ideal for home entertainment such as watching your favourite films or even for gaming, with outstanding bass and clear vocal projection.
- High-end ‘around-the-ear’ design with a wide open sound and a brilliant sense of space
- Surround Reflector for a wide and spacious sound field that is three dimensional
- Sennheiser's innovative “Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement” (E.A.R.) design channels audio signals directly into your ears to simulate a listening experience similar to full-size home speakers
- State-of-the-art diaphragms for transparency and minimal distortion to effectively eliminate vibrations within the earpiece
- Powerful neodymium magnet systems for an excellent dynamic sound that is true to the original recording
- Lightweight aluminium voice coils for high efficiency and excellent dynamics – loud and soft notes are just as they should be
- Elegantly layered honeycomb finish on ear cup casings
- Each ear pad is lined with soft, very comfortable velour, the thickly padded headband adds to the wearing comfort and ensures a snug fit, the headband is easily adjustable
- Single-sided cable with ‘turn-to-lock’ cable mechanism so replacement is made easy; also eliminates tangle
- Optimized for home Hi-Fi/AV systems, may be used with portable devices
- Simple modular constructions with field replaceable parts for a long lifespan
- 2-year warranty
Did you know?
This headphone features a surround reflector for a multi-dimensional listening session and a more ‘out–of-the-head’ listening experience. Ideal for music, movies and games.
The result is a very rounded sound that is ‘easy-on-the-ear’. It’s easy, ‘not work’ to imagine performers in real space. For anyone who has avoided headphones because they do not ‘image’ like speakers, they should try these.
Sennheiser recommends this headphone for...
... all individuals who want to skip between different music styles and between music, movies and TV with ease.
The HD 558 can be connected to any 6.3 mm headphone socket on home audio devices. Also supplied with a 3.5 mm adaptor for portable use.
The Sennheiser HD 558 is covered by a global warranty of 24 months. Sennheiser's worldwide service network will provide swift and smooth handling of any case of warranty claim that might occur. German design and build quality.
Sennheiser is the brand of choice for many high-profile recording artists and live sound engineers, delivering the ultimate audio experience to people who crave true-to-life sound. For over 65 years, Sennheiser has applied its in-depth audio research to the development of premium headphones, microphones and headsets. Every Sennheiser product endures rigorous quality control tests to ensure you receive durable, great-sounding headphones that will withstand daily use in a variety of environments.
Meet the Range
|Type||Full-Size Circumaural, ‘Around-the-ear’ Headphone||Full-Size Circumaural, ‘Around-the-ear’ Headphone||Full-Size Circumaural, ‘Around-the-ear’ Headphone|
|Frequency Response||14 - 26,000 Hz||15 - 28,000 Hz||12 - 38,500 Hz|
|Acoustic Design||Open-Backed For Excellent, Natural And True-To-Life Sound Reproduction||Open-Backed For Excellent, Natural And True-To-Life Sound Reproduction||Open-Backed For Excellent, Natural And True-To-Life Sound Reproduction|
|Impedance||50 Ohms||50 Ohms||50 Ohms|
|Cable Length||3 m OFC Single-Sided, Exchangeable||3 m OFC Single-Sided, Exchangeable||3 m OFC Single-Sided, Exchangeable|
|Connector Plugs||6.3 mm Plug, With 3.5 mm Adaptor||6.3 mm Plug, With 3.5 mm Adaptor||6.3 mm Plug, With 3.5 mm Adaptor|
|Sound Pressure Level||108 dB||112 dB||112 dB|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Probably the best 110 pounds I have spent on headphones in my entire life.
Note: The mini jack adapter it may sometimes not be as comfortable if placed in a front panel headphone input of a computer. I have being using it on my Alienware X51 for minimum 2 years and because sometimes I get clumsy I hit the adapter. Happened a couple of times which resulted in damaging the front jack input.
I recommend buying a cable that is the 3.5mm jack directly without needing an adapter.
The sound is so good and realisty!
I bought it for 60£ so wait for a good deal and then jump on it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love and hate these headphones. On one hand I bought a pair of great quality, very well made headphones for a price that wasn't completely wallet emptying. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Bob Bobson
Son uses them, seems OK he never answers as he's always got them on playing world of assassinPublished 3 months ago by If It's Not Industrial, I Break It !