- Note that a 30-day free trial does not apply for all Adobe products. All Adobe products available with a trial period are listed at http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads.
This item is currently unavailable.
Adobe InDesign CS6 (Mac) [Download]
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
- Get state-of-the-art imaging magic, amazing creative options, and blazingly fast performance with Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended software, the digital imaging standard.
- Vector graphics that work across media - Create compelling graphics with Adobe Illustrator CS6, the industry standard for vector drawing. Experiment freely and design efficiently with powerful tools for drawing, color, creative effects, and typography.
- Standards-based web authoring - Design and publish compelling websites and apps for smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers in Adobe Dreamweaver CS6. Quickly build CSS3-based layouts, use industry-standard HTML5, preview on multiple devices, and more.
- Engaging page layout for print - Generate stunning page layouts in Adobe InDesign CS6 with precise control over typography, built-in creative tools, and an intuitive workflow. Print reliably with less risk of error.
- Efficient, fluid video editing - Take advantage of powerful, flexible nonlinear video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 to tell your most compelling stories. Edit virtually any type of media in native formats, from video shot on a phone to 5K and beyond.
There is a newer version of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
- Platform: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Media: Software Download
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Adobe InDesign CS6 software is a professional page layout application that gives you pixel-perfect control over design and typography. Create elegant and engaging pages with features including Live Preflight, comprehensive styles, and sophisticated text-handling capabilities. New tools make adapting layouts for myriad printed page and screen sizes more efficient. Integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to publish InDesign layouts as tablet applications.
InDesign CS6 Highlights
- Create beautiful page layouts and adapt them for any size—Efficiently manage multiple layouts based on a single set of content. Use Alternate Layout to create multiple versions in one document. Add Liquid Layout to automatically adjust content, giving you a head start adapting content for a new page size or orientation.
- Efficiently design for print, screen, and tablet—Design page layouts for virtually any medium faster and easier than ever. Easily repurpose content from one layout into another; link content within or across documents to help ensure consistency. Access recently used fonts conveniently. Create PDF form fields within InDesign.
- Create and publish interactive digital publications for tablets—Integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to publish tablet applications without writing code. Export both horizontal and vertical layouts from one InDesign file. Include interactive HTML such as animation developed with Adobe Edge software.
|InDesign Comparison Chart|
|Ability to export horizontal and vertical layouts from the same InDesign file||x|
|Packaging for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite||x|
|Content Collector tools||x|
|Export for EPUB3||x|
|PDF form field creation||x|
|Placing of HTML content||x|
|Style mapping in linked text||x|
|Folio Overlays panel||x||x|
|Hunspell open source dictionaries||x||x|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the InDesign family of products?
A: InDesign CS6 leads an integrated publishing family that includes Adobe InCopy CS6 and Adobe InDesign CS6 Server software. InCopy is a professional writing and editing program that pairs with InDesign to enable collaborative editorial workflows between designers, writers, and editors. InDesign Server brings high-end composition and layout to a server platform.
Q: Does InDesign CS6 provide a solution for large publishing environments?
A: Yes. If you require a custom solution built on top of core InDesign technology, systems integrators worldwide can provide InCopy CS6 and InDesign CS6 software–compatible publishing systems.
Q: Does InDesign CS6 work with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite?
A: Yes. You can access Adobe Digital Publishing Suite* hosted services within InDesign CS6 to design, publish, and distribute engaging apps for a broad range of tablets, including iPad, BlackBerry PlayBook, and a wide variety of Android tablets such as the Kindle Fire. Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Single Edition lets you affordably publish one iPad app.
* A Digital Publishing Suite account is required to access certain features and services that integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
Top New CS6 Features
Liquid Layout—Apply liquid page rules to automatically adapt content when you create an alternate layout with a different size or orientation in InDesign.
Alternate Layout—Efficiently create and design multiple versions of a layout for different devices and print needs, all within a single InDesign file.
Linked content—Link content within or across InDesign documents, so that changes (including interactivity) made to the parent text or object are applied to all linked children objects.
Content Collector tools—Grab text and objects from an existing layout using the Content Collector. In a new layout, use the Content Placer to add items in the order you want them to appear.
PDF forms within InDesign—Create form fields directly within InDesign before you export to PDF. You can also assign the tab order in InDesign using the Articles panel.
Middle Eastern language support—Buy and update the Middle Eastern version of InDesign directly from Adobe for easier localization of global documents and enhanced functionality.
Pages panel enhancements—Display alternate layouts in the Pages panel to organize content efficiently.
Split window—View two side-by-side layouts within the same document to compare the look and feel of the layouts and help ensure consistency.