- Also check our best rated Weed Killer reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Defenders Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller (Ultrasonic, Motion Activated, Humane Cat Deterrent for Gardens, Battery or Mains Powered, Covers 120 sq m)
|Price:||£23.46 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£11.53 (33%)|
- Welfare-friendly ultrasonic cat deterrent - humane way to repel cats and other unwanted pests from your garden, lawn and flowerbeds
- Motion activated repellent emits a continuously variable sonic burst which is irritating to cats so they move away from gardens and lawns; motion can be detected up to 12 m away; cat deterrent provides 50% more coverage than equivalent devices
- Sonic cat deterrent is easy to set up - comes with a stake for mounting in soft ground or can be wall mounted using a hole in the back
- Ultrasonic cat repeller is weatherproof, meaning it can be used all year round - even in rain; variable sonic sound deters cats humanely, without harm
- Requires 2 x 9 V batteries (not included) or can be mains powered using the STV612 - comes with a 2 years warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Deter cats humanely, without harm from lawns, flowerbeds and bird feeders using the mega-sonic cat repeller (STV610) from Defenders. It is motion activated which gives off an ultrasonic variable sonic sound that cats do not like, making them move away from the area. The weather proofing with splash guard base plate protects switches from weather damage, allowing for use in all weathers, even rain. Coverage area is up to 12 m in a 98 arc - 50 per cent bigger coverage than other models - to maximise efficiency. The unit can be wall or stake mounted and fixtures for both are included in pack. There is the option to use with batteries (not included) or with a universal 9 V mains adaptor and 5 m extension (STV612), also from Defenders.Directions for Use:
- Remove the weatherproof base-cover and open the battery compartment inside the base of the unit.
- Insert batteries or connect to mains adaptor by opening the rubber portal on the base-cover.
- Turn the unit on using the ON\OFF switch on the base. After a few seconds you will hear an audible signal indicating that the product is functioning correctly.
- Set-up of the stand will vary according to the area the unit is being used to protect - see detailed instructions inside.
- For wall or fence mounting, there is a fixing hole and screw pack provided.
STV is one of the UK's leading suppliers of pest control products for home and garden use. The Defenders range of products are for caring control of pets and wildlife in and around the garden. Other STV brands to help you live pest-free, include the big cheese rodent control. Zero in insect control, the buzz poison-free outdoor insect control.See all Product description
From the manufacturer
Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Using a PIR lenses to detect animal movement, Mega-Sonic Repellers emit a burst of high frequency sound to deter unwanted visitors without doing them harm.
- Effective against cats
- Motion activated noise- only audible to cats.
- Safe for use around wildlife and pets.
- 50 per cent bigger coverage area than other models.
Defenders Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Detect and deter cats from garden and lawn areas.
A highly effective motion activated repeller gives off an ultrasonic sound uncomfortable to only cats, so is safe for wildlife and pets. Set up is using the ground stake provided or the unit can be screw-fixed on fences and posts in garden areas where cats are active. Battery or optional mains powered transformer in areas of high cat activity.
- 120 square metre coverage area.
- Weather tested to IP44 rating.
- Battery or mains powered using 9 V Universal Adaptor (STV612).
- Year-round use
- PIR motion activated
- Welfare-friendly deterrent that does not harm cats, dogs or wildlife.
|Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller (STV610)||Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller (STV606)||Mega-Sonic Cat and Dog Repeller (STV620)||9 V Universal Mains Adaptor (STV612)|
|Coverage||120 square metres||100 square metres||200 square metres|
|Effective against||cats||cats||cats, dogs, foxes|
|What additional testing does it have?||IP44 weather tested||IP44 weather tested||Push button testing with LED activation|
|How can it be fixed?||Mounting stake or wall mounted||Mounting stake or wall mounted||Ground anchor and adjustable stand height|
|Universal Adaptor (STV612)||✓||✓||✓|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
When I first moved into my house I had very few problems with the local cats of which there are way too many. I like cats but I don't like my garden smelling of cat food (and yes it does!). Over the last few years the problem has got worse and worse to the point where I have actually lost interest in gardening. You may think that is an extreme reaction but when you have to spend 15 minutes every time you go out in the garden looking for and disposing of piles of you know what then it all becomes a bit Pavlovian.
Anyway in desperation I decided to invest in a couple of Defender cat deterrents. I have a fairly small garden but wherever I put them the cats just deposited in a different part of the garden. My garden has so many access points that it is impossible to cover all bases. I'm still not convinced that they actually deter all cats since I saw little evidence of cats actually being scared by them and occasionally I would find "evidence" that they had no deterrent effect whatsoever. Basically any effect they did have was minimal and, given the initial outlay was over £50 and the on-going cost of batteries every few weeks, I expected so much more. I'm also not convinced as to their durability since one of mine has failed in less than a year and there seem to be many others on here who feel similarly shafted by a poor product.
So what is my great solution to the cat problem? Well recently I covered all the flower beds in bark chippings which cost me £22 for four bags. And how many toilet incidents have occurred since? Literally none. In fact I very rarely see a cat in my garden now. I think partly they don't like the smell and partly the feel of the bark chippings under their pretty little paws (guk!).
I'd be interested to know if this works for anyone else.
Unite brothers and sisters against this loathsome foe (that's the pooh not the cats!).
This product is really excellent!
I have had cat's doing their number two in my wifes garden which is "not so refreshing".
After mounting this, the cat clearly avoid walking in front of the unit. It is not terrified of it, but it clearly avoid getting punched by the audiowave it sends out. After a while the cat started aiming towards our other plants, but i did solve this by getting another unit.
It's been there two months and battery seems to work just fine, but there are two 9V batterys so keep that in mind.
Anyway, these guys solved my cat litter problem and i avoided a fight with my neighbour.
Still seems effective but quite expensive on batteries, the only downside is that it seems to have moved the cats to a different position in the garden, I have bought another one to try and keep them out. If that does not work I will admit defeat as I don't want more cat scarers than plants.
UPDATE:- It does seem to still be effective but I have just had to change the batteries, 21st Feb 2012. You can tell when the batteries are getting low as the frequency drops and you can hear it loudly. It happened in the middle of the night and I was looking everywhere to see what caused the noise.
Installation is easy just put in 2 x 9v (PP9 size batteries, not supplied) and turn on. There is a spike which slides onto the pack if you want to plug it into a flower bed. You can use a power supply but I needed it too far from the house to be practical.
I have tried this sort of cat scared in the past and they have not worked, it may be that they were different frequencies and the cats ignored them.
As these are out of the audible range it is difficult to know if they are doing anything but this one gives an audible click when it detects movement.
Prior to fitting this cats came onto the flower bed every night, various ones, I used a night vision camera to film the various cats. Since fitting there have been no unwanted visitors.