- Philips is pleased to offer you a 24 month exchange or repair warranty on this product within the European Union. Please contact Philips on 02079490240 (UK) or 015245443 (Ireland) for any assistance relating to the warranty, troubleshooting or hints and tips.
- See the top-rated IPL hair removal systems in our IPL hair removal reviews.
- Visit the Philips Health & Beauty Store for the latest offers on Philips men's shavers, electric toothbrushes, female hair removal and health care range.
- Also check our best rated Laser Hair Removal reviews
Philips Lumea SC2001/00 IPL Hair Removal
|Price:||£229.99 FREE UK delivery.|
- Around 80% of women prefers Lumea to their conventional hair removal method, because it is fast, effective and convenient
- Fast: 3 cm sq application window for effective treatment of large areas. Treatment of both lower legs takes just 30 minutes
- Effective: up to 80% reduction in hair regrowth in just eight weeks then simply repeat treatment as necessary to prevent re-growth
- Convenient: salon technology for use at home at a time to suit you. Rechargeable, ready to use, no gels or accessories needed
- Versatile: suitable for legs, arms, bikini area and underarms. Five light energy settings - suitable for most skin tones and hair colours
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Enjoy smooth skin with lasting effects. If you are looking for a safe, fast method to prevent hair regrowth, Philips Lumea is ideal. Using Intense Pulsed Light technology (IPL), Lumea can be effectively used on legs, arms, bikini area and underarms for smooth hair free results, painlessly. Lumea has a charging light, low battery level indicator and ready-to-flash indicator light to confirm correct positioning on the skin. With the backing of 50 years of hair removal research, you can trust Philips Lumea to give you the ultimate result.
Philips Lumea uses an innovative light-based technology called IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), derived from the technology used in professional beauty salons. Philips has adapted this technology for safe and effective use in the comfort of your own home. Philips worked closely with leading dermatologists to develop this breakthrough hair removal system, together with consumer research involving 2000 women for over 10 years.
Philips clinical studies have shown significant hair reduction in as little as two fortnightly treatments, with optimal hair-free results achieved after four to five fortnightly treatments. To maintain these results, simply repeat treatment every four to six weeks. Time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth.
Use with confidence to remove hair on all body parts including legs, underarm, bikini area, stomach and arms.
Lumea is equipped with an integrated UV filter to protect your skin from UV light. The unit incorporates a safety ring system to prevent unintentional flashing.
Five light energy settings
Philips Lumea has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment. Used correctly, Philips Lumea's IPL treatment is safe and gentle to use even on sensitive skin and sensitive body areas.
Cordless convenience with no replacement parts needed
Lumea’s unique cordless design is perfect for treating the areas you want, when you want. Philips Lumea is a complete solution that comes ready to work right out of the box. More importantly, it does not require any replacement lamps or gels.
How does Philips Lumea prevent hair growth?
Gentle pulses of light are applied directly to the hair. The melanin in the hair and hair root absorbs the light pulses. This process results in the follicle going into a resting phase. The hair sheds naturally and regrowth is inhibited. A simple and gentle treatment once every two to four weeks will prevent hair roots from becoming active again and prevent new hair from growing back.
Five steps to everlasting smoothness:
- Pre-shave the treatment area to ensure the light energy is channeled in the most efficient way to the follicle. This is only required for the first few treatments.
- Consult the skin and hair type matrix and select the light intensity suitable for your skin tone and body hair colour.
- Apply gentle pulses of light to the hair. The light produces heat in the hair, which is transferred to the hair follicle. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase.
- As a consequence, the hair sheds naturally and hair regrowth is inhibited.
- To prevent hairs from growing back, the treatment must be repeated every two weeks (or every month for legs) which will progressively reduce hair regrowth to a minimum.
Is Lumea right for me?
Philips Lumea works effectively on (naturally) dark-blonde, brown and black hair. It is not suitable for (naturally) red, grey and light blonde hair or for very dark skin types (skin type VI). Please consult the chart to determine which light intensities are most suitable for your skin and body hair colour and to check if this method is suitable for you at all (if it is not, this is indicated with an x ).
Unfortunately, Philips Lumea is not designed for everyone. If any of the following is true for you, then this appliance is not suitable for you to use.
- If your natural hair colour in the treatment areas is light blonde, white, grey or red.
- If you are of skin type VI (you rarely or never get sunburnt and you tan very darkly). In this case you run a high risk of developing skin reactions such as strong redness, burns or discolouration when you use Philips Lumea.
- Philips Lumea has been optimised for use by women but recent research showed that it can be used by men on most areas of the body, except the beard and scrotum.
- Philips Lumea 2001 is not suitable for use on the face.
- There are medications and health conditions that may lead to adverse reactions when you use Philips Lumea. Please click here for full safety information as well as usage instructions before and after tanning.
Which Philips Lumea is best for me?
|Application mode|| |
Click Flash Mode
Click Flash Mode
Quicker Click Flash Mode
Slide and Flash: For convenient application
Step and Flash: For treatment on curvy areas
|Recharge time|| |
|Quick charge|| |
|Running time|| |
|Application window|| |
3 cm + 2 cm attachment
4 cm + 2 cm attachment
|Speed of each treatment|| |
Underarms: 1 min per side
Entire bikini area: 4 mins
One lower leg: 8 mins
One full leg: 15 mins
Underarms: 2 mins per side
Bikini line: 2 mins per side
Entire bikini area: 8 mins
One lower leg: 15 mins
One full leg: 30 mins
Underarms: 1.5 mins per side
Bikini line: 1.5 mins per side
Entire bikini area: 5 mins
One lower leg: 12 mins
One full leg: 20 mins
Underarms: 1 min per side
Entire Bikini: 4 mins
Face: 1 min
One lower leg: 8 mins
One full leg: 15 mins
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The package when it arrives is boxed with a full instruction book and a smaller leaflet with a quick guide of instructions, do's and don't's and general usage. There is also a DVD to give you a step by step guide of what to expect - all totally helpful and reassuring. The machine itself has a seal which you have to break before use giving you the chance to return the product unused if you find that it is not suitable for you. There is also a neat zip pouch to keep the machine in once the box is disposed of.Read more ›
After a couple of treatments, I can attest that the Lumea does seem to repress normal hair growth. Having used no other methods of hair removal over the past month, my regrowth is very slow which is remarkable for someone like me with very thick fast-growing hair. However, although the Lumea is a very useful device to use in the home it is not a substitute for salon laser hair removal. First of all the Lumea uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) which is generally considered to be less effective than laser. Second, no home device, whether laser or IPL, can be as powerful or effective as a salon laser. I have had numerous laser salon treatments on my legs, underarms and stomach and, yes, it is painful and expensive but the results are excellent and hair reduction is permanent.Read more ›
Firstly, lets discuss the build, design and features. I do not even know why people would concern themselves with whether they like the design on a product that serves a purpose inside the comfort of your own home. This is an elegant product, resembles a hair dryer (a smaller one) and has logically placed easy to press buttons. I suppose while it is simple to use and pretty self-explanatory but it is also to be taken seriously.
Now, the only plausible explanation of why anyone would rate this product any way other than 5 stars is because the product is not intended for their skin/hair type, they are impatient or they are not using it properly. Or simply, the product did not live up to a high expectation that - zap, and all the hair is gone! We all wish there was such a product and I am not the most patient person in the world but I have held my breath for 3 months of usage before I even decided to write this.
I am fair skinned and not the most hairy person in the world. My hairs are dark blonde, with an exception to under my knee where the hairs were black and sharp from all those years of shaving. I have used epilators and razors only. I have targeted a few areas: my lower legs, bikini area, underarms and a tiny patch on my tummy. I have always been thorough on my bikini area, my underarms had required a shave once a week, maybe 2 weeks, my lower legs would require a shave the next day and would be very prickly and my bikini area pretty much the same, with an exception of that particular area having more hair density than the others.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have suffered for years with hair that grows back by the afternoon if I have shaved that morning. Well no more I have only used this machine for 3 treatments. Read morePublished 3 months ago by John Elcock
I have dark hair and pale skin, and I bought this product after careful consideration as I am supposidly an ideal candidate for it. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
Really disappointed.... Was thrilled when I saw that this item was available for a fraction of the original price until I received it. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
very disappointed, bought 2 items as first did not work and the same with another one. I contacted philips and was advised to return the item as it was produced in 2012 which means... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Lucka
I've been using this once a week for about 6 weeks now and the difference is already noticeable. I can leave it days between shaving and the stubble seems to be coming through... Read morePublished 9 months ago by C
Look for similar items by category
- Health & Personal Care > Health & Personal Care: Amazon Global Delivery Available
- Health & Personal Care > Philips > Women's Shaving & Hair Removal
- Health & Personal Care > Shaving & Hair Removal > Hair Removal > IPL > Systems
- Health & Personal Care > Shaving & Hair Removal > Hair Removal > Laser Systems