- Also check our best rated Wifi Router reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
ASUS Blue Cave Wireless-AC2600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router, AI Mesh Dual Core CPU Enhanced Performance, IFTTT and Amazon Alexa Supported, Aiprotection with Trend Micro for Enhanced Security
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Powerful Wi-Fi, Elegant Design - Concurrent dual-band AC2600 Wi-Fi for smooth streaming, with eye-catching looks to enhance any home. Power Supply AC Input : 110V to 240V
- Intel Wi-Fi Technology - The power to handle the simultaneous demands of multiple connected devices in your home
- Complete Network Security for Family - Blue Cave protects all connected devices from cyber threats and Advanced Parental Controls filter out inappropriate content for your family
- Smart Home Ready - Create smart automated tasks with IFTTT and control Blue Cave with Amazon Alexa.
- Easy PC-free Network Control - Use your smartphone or tablet as your network control centre, with notifications for network activity, security reports and more.
- 3 years warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
AiProtection is the first commercial-grade security for home networks and protects every connected smart device on your network, including loT devices. The Family Overview allows you to easily monitor and control each family member’s internet and app usage form you mobile device.
1 x Blue Cave Wireless-AC2600 Dual Band Gigabit Router ‚1 x RJ-45 cable‚ UK Power adapter‚ Quick Start Guide
From the manufacturer
AC2600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router for Smart Home, complete network security with AiProtection and 1-year antivirus subscription powered by Trend Micro, works with Amazon Alexa.
- Powerful W-iFi, Elegant Design –Concurrent dual-band AC2600 Wi-Fi for smooth streaming, with eye-catching looks to enhance any home.
- Intel Wi-Fi Technology — The power to handle the simultaneous demands of multiple connected devices in your home.
- Complete Network Security for Family – Blue Cave protects all connected devices from cyber threats and Advanced Parental Controls filter out inappropriate content for your family.
- Smart Home Ready – Create smart automated tasks with IFTTT and control Blue Cave with Amazon Alexa.
- Easy PC-free Network Control – Use your smartphone or tablet as your network control centre, with notifications for network activity, security reports and more.
Built to Perform. Styled to Be Seen
ASUS Blue Cave is built to perform, and styled to be seen. Combining the power of Intel Wi-Fi and ASUS engineering innovation, the easy-to-use Blue Cave gives you super-smooth streaming and lag-free gaming all around your home. And with advanced ASUS AiProtection security and Family Overview parental controls, you can rest easy knowing everyone is safe and secure online.
Make the Internet a Safer Place for Everyone
All your family members, young or old, are exposed to the dangers of internet every single moment they're online. Disguised cyber threats can sneak in to steal your private data, or your kids may accidentally encounter inappropriate content during their ever-growing screen time. Blue Cave includes Advanced Parental Controls to give you total peace of mind, with commercial grade security for your home network and comprehensive, easy control of the online experience for each family member and each device, all via the mobile app.
Network Control in Your Way
Blue Cave takes the pain out of managing your home network. It's easy to set up and easy to keep an eye on what's happening, via the intuitive PC interface or the ASUS Router app. With just a few taps or clicks, you can see when new devices connect or when new updates become available, and change settings to suit your needs.
Keeping cool with nanotechnology
The dual ASUS-designed heatsinks on the main circuit board maximise the surface area available for cooling, while taking full advantage of the shape of the interior space. These advanced heatsinks use a graphene coating with amazing heat-dissipation properties that far outperforms standard heatsink materials.
Compact by design
To enable Blue Cave's compact and unobtrusive styling, the specially designed circuit board is half the size of a normal 4x4 router board, and it's separated into two overlapping sections. Special electronic engineering techniques were employed to avoid the signal-leakage problems often associated with such an arrangement.
Customers also shopped for
Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, it's safe to say I got this for it's looks. As an grown-up (relatively speaking!), I'd rather not have something that looks like a black alien spaceship with odd things sticking out on display. I have this on a bookshelf out in the open on display rather than tucked away in the corner somewhere. This probably helps with the reception too.
Unfortunately this doesn't come with a built in ADSL/VDSL modem which means it requires a seperate modem - I'm using a Draytek Vigor ADSL modem with this which is an extra expense. Still, it looks good and work great, a win in my book.
I was having wi-fi issues at home having to reboot gadgets and laptops to get a stable connection and observing frequent drop-outs so I decided to upgrade my 9-year-old single band wi-fi router thinking this may have been the source of the problem. It was the problem, however, the Blue Cave has been a major improvement overall.
I live in a very wide 4 bed bungalow and I now have reception everywhere in the house. The router is located at one end of my house where the fibre ISP comes into the living room and I still get an average of 3 out of 4 bars on my old smartphone when in the master bedroom at the very opposite end of the house 17 metres away and on the 5 Ghz band! This is with 3 doors closed in between my phone and the router! Granted, I do have plasterboard internal walls which does make a huge difference with any wi-fi signal but was truly impressed by the upgrade. I now get a reasonable signal in the back garden as long as I don't wander too far into the garden. If I do then the signal drops off dramatically but reception is adequate should you have a patio area close to your back door and with the back door closed.
I have my wi-fi home security system operating exclusively on the 2.4 Ghz band and everything else routing on the 5 Ghz band. I haven't tested a large volume of wireless devices connecting into the Blue Cave at the same time since most of my devices are hard-wired into the back of my modem so I can't comment on its ability with heavy traffic but I can't see why it would struggle. Wi-fi technology has come a long way in 10 years.
What I love about this router is the way it looks. I'is like a piece of art! When I was shopping for a new powerful router, most of them out there are hideous. Large tarantula looking things aren't particularly pleasing on the eye so when I discovered the Blue Cave it seemed to tick my boxes at the possible expense of losing range, however, this has not been the case.
The blue light can be dimmed or brightened via the Asus app and the app itself is great for set-up and network customisation and is very user friendly. I haven't checked all the features but appears more than comprehensive and well laid out plus it's slick and responsive which is more than can be said for the app on the old router. I think Asus are the brand to watch for with router technology as they seem to be expanding into this field and are competing with the big hitting usual suspects.
Overall, 5 stars for the Asus Blue Cave! Just a pity it's dropped £14 since I purchase it 6 weeks ago on Amazon but a fantastic purchase nonetheless.
Not the cheapest one out there, but definitely one of the most good looking and practical ones.
Will try a VPN server on it but not now.
Signal is good but not great.
Paired with some Xiaomi range extenders worked nice under the same network name.
Can handle the load pretty nice.