- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Sony DCR-DVD110 DVD Handycam with X40 Zoom
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Video Capture: CCD sensor (in pixels) - 1/8 inch HAD CCD sensor 800,000 pixels / Media - DVD / Viewfinder - 0.3 inch colour viewfinder (123,200 pixels) / LCD Screen - 2.7 inch hybrid LCD touch screen 123,200 pixels / Sensitivity (lux) - 6 / Optical Zoom - 40x / Digital Zoom - 2000x / Image Stabiliser - Super Steady Shot digital image stabiliser / Focus - Automatic and manual
- Photo Mode: Photo Mode - Yes / Maximum resolution on memory card (in pixels) - 640 x 864 pixels (16:9) / Memory Card - Memory Stick PRO Duo / PRO-HG Duo / Supplied Media - None / Sound - Dolby Digital Stereo 2-channel recording Built-in 2-channel microphone Microphone zoom Wind-break filter Built-in loudspeaker (adjustable volume) / Webcam Function/ mini films - No
- Connectivity: Audio Output - Yes / Audio Input - No / Video Output - Video output S-video output / Video Input - No / DV in (IEEE1394, FireWire) - No / DV out ( IEEE1394, FireWire) - No / Computer Interface - USB 2.0 and Pictbridge / Wireless Function - No / Compatible Platforms - PC and Mac / Supplied Software - Picture Motion Browser version 3.0
- Misc: Possible power supply - Rechargeable battery Mains adapter / Accessories included - AC-L200 mains adapter, NP-FH40 battery, audio/video cable, USB cable / Weight (in grams) - 390 / Dimensions - 55 x 89 x 130 / Other Functions - Easy Handycam function for direct access to main functions Quick on function Info-lithium battery (remaining battery time) Demo mode Manual focusing and exposure using LCD touch screen Automatic / indoor / outdoor
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
My only criticism would be with the software supplied and instruction manual. I am not illiterate when it comes to computers but 3 months down the line, I still cannot get the Handycam to link to my pc and I have no idea how on earth one goes about editing footage with the software provided.
The other slight issue is with the software supplied for managing the recordings, its very slow to run.
All in all i am pleased with the results I have got so far.
I've always been a fan of Sony products and this is no different. It's small, lightweight and easy to use. Perfect for anyone, of any age, to use. Although if you have large fingers, you may find the touch-screen capability is limited as the buttons are very small.
Overall, this camera is excellent value for money and I am confident that it will withstand the test of time.
However the worse thing happened on Christmas Day. Having taken video of the kids opening their presents I switched the camera off. On swicthing it back on later the same day to review the footage I got a "recording diabled" message and all the camera wanted to do was format the disc. I put the disc into a PC and tried everything I could think of to locate the footage, but to no avail. It was totally lost - the entire disc's worth of recording. I searched the internet for a solution, but there seem to be many people with a similar problem of randomly lost footage, but as yet no solution.
Please - buy something else!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
AS GOOG AND EASY AS SD GETS..... Sony made a series of these 'Hybrid' cameras all of which create JPEG stills and MPEG2 video onto a memory card. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Johnny K
Bought it many many years ago, it is very easy to use, still workingPublished 8 months ago by N Bruce
I am happy with this product, it is useful tool to make computer or laptop compactable. Also this red-infra handycam can be capable to record everything at night!! Read morePublished on 7 Jun. 2014 by Jon
Bought this a few years back now but still use it now. Very easy to operate on manual or easy record settings. It's a good size and not to heavy. Recording quality is good. Read morePublished on 7 Oct. 2013 by Rayj