- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.26 UK delivery
+ £1.26 UK delivery
Jaws (Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy)
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Directed by Academy Award winner Steven Spielberg, Jaws set the standard for edge-of-your seat suspense, quickly becoming a cultural phenomenon and forever changing the way audiences experience movies. When the seaside community of Amity finds itself under attack by a dangerous great white shark, the town's chief of police (Roy Scheider), a young marine biologist (Richard Dreyfuss) and a grizzled shark hunter (Robert Shaw) embark on a desperate quest to destroy the beast before it strikes again. Featuring an unforgettable score that evokes pure terror, Jaws remains one of the most influential and gripping adventures in motion picture history.
• The Shark is Still Working (Blu-ray exclusive): An all-new feature-length documentary on the legacy of the film and its influence on popular culture.
• The Making of Jaws: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
• From the Set: An insider's look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
• Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
• Jaws Archives: Take a peek inside the Jaws archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the Jaws phenomenon.
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• UltraViolet: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smartphones.
• Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
Many of the stories of the making of Jaws have been told over the years, but rarely have they been pulled together as exquisitely as they are in this terrific Blu-ray release. The centrepiece is a wonderful two-hour, exhaustive look at the process of bringing Jaws together, with contributions from all the film's major players. On top of that, there's another substantive documentary that looks back at the impact of the film, and while it covers parts of the same ground, it's still very much worth watching. More archive releases should be treated to such in-depth, fascinating analysis.
There are further supplements on top, with a wealth of storyboards and production photography being of particular interest. That said, the outtakes and deleted scenes are hardly shabby, either, and there's a real treat from the archives, too, with a short making-of made at the time of the film's shoot. It's a wonderfully comprehensive package that you get here, offering breadth and depth to the extra features.
All that is, of course, before you get to the film proper. Jaws needs little introduction, but Steven Spielberg's classic has never looked better than it does here. Diligently cleaned up for its 1080p transfer, the film looks and sounds tremendous. And while the shark may look a little faker as a consequence of that, it's nonetheless a premium class Blu-ray of a premium class film. --Jon FosterSee all Product description
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
As well as the film itself, which has been digitally re-mastered with all new sound, there are loads of bonus features, including a superb 2-hour making of... documentary, which tells you all you need to know about the process of making one of cinemas finest blockbuster movies.
In the final analysis, if you wish to see a blockbuster that delivers good characterisation & genuine thrills rather than flashy visuals, loud explosions & cardboard characters, then why haven't you already seen this film? Go on, do yourself a favour & buy it on Blu-ray!
It doesn't. This is a classic for good reason. Like Alien and the Thing it sets a standerd to which its genre is measured and will probably remain so.
It gives sharks and the ocean a bad name. But when entertainment is this good who cares!
this dvd set is great and the movie is very good dont matter how old the movie is it is one of the very best mvies
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Classic film on dvd
Look for similar items by category