- Actors: Horst Janson, John Carson, Shane Briant, Caroline Munro, John Cater
- Directors: Brian Clemens
- Writers: Brian Clemens
- Producers: Brian Clemens, Albert Fennell
- Format: PAL
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: 15
- Studio: Simply Media
- DVD Release Date: 16 Jun. 2003
- Run Time: 87 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (60 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B000096KH9
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 129,750 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter [DVD] 
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Captain Kronos (Horst Janson) and his assistant Grost (John Cater) are professional vampire hunters who have been summoned to a village where a young girl has been found emaciated. Kronos must devise a cunning plan to expose the murderer and decides he must use the beautiful gypsy Carla as bait.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
Horst Janson plays the swordsman Captain Kronos travelling the European countryside hunting all things fanged, ably assisted by his hunchbacked friend Professor Hieronymous Grost, an expert in vampire mythology. He comes to a village where all the young women are ageing and dying prematurely, and realises something is clearly very wrong.
Janson is a bit wooden as the title hero, but John Cater is excellent as Grost, and Caroline Munro is also excellent as Kronos' feisty love interest Carla.
What really makes the film a winner for me is some lovely stylistic touches such as the flowers and vegetation withering as the vampire passes and theres some welcome black humour to be found in the film as well. It was supposedly the first of a planned series of Kronos adventures, that sadly never made it to the screen.
All in all, another example of how Hammer were at their most creatively diverse during the 1970's, and if youre tired of yet another Dracula remake, try giving this a bite instead
Slightly different from other 70s vampire yarns that makes it all the better
Picture and sound great. What you. Would expect from blue ray
Menu is in Spanish and is easy to navigate
Region b so its ok for UK blu players