Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Dual Boiler Coffee Machine, 2200 Watt
|Price:||£1,049.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£150.00 (13%)|
- Features dedicated stainless steel boilers for steam and espresso, allowing simultaneous milk texturing and extraction consistently at 93⁰C
- The brew temperature, pre-infusion pressure and duration are all programmable, to set to your taste at the press of a button
- An over pressure valve prevents bitter flavours in the shot and a low pressure pre-infusion allows for an even extraction and a smoother taste
- Extraction is driven from a 15 bar Italian made pump
- Comes with 480 ml stainless steel jug and cleaning tools
Interest-free monthly payments and other finance options may be available on eligible orders of items sold by Amazon totalling £400 or more. Finance provided by Hitachi Personal Finance. Interest may be payable. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
"For precision extraction & simultaneous steam"
Espresso perfection requires precision temperature and pressure control every time. Limiting the maximum pressure throughout extraction produces a balanced espresso with an aromatic crema. Too little pressure during extraction leads to an espresso that is thin and under-developed, too much pressure can lead to bitter flavours. Our pressure valve limits maximum extraction pressure for optimal espresso flavour.
Precise and stable water temperature is required for optimum espresso flavour. Water temperature is required for optimum espresso flavour. Water temperature that is too low can lead to a sour espresso, too high can lead to bitter flavours. The Dual Boiler delivers precise water temperature.
1 x Both single & dual wall, single & double cupfilters (4 baskets)
1 x 480ml stainless steel jug, cleaning tools, cleaning disc and tablets, water filters
From the Manufacturer
the Dual Boiler
The machine for the home barista chasing perfection.
Triple Heat System
Stainless steel espresso boiler with actively heated group head ensures temperature stability from the tank to the cup. Dedicated stainless steel steam boiler for instant and connotes steam.
1. Dedicated Steam Boiler: Delivers steam on demand, allowing you to texture for 1 cup in less than 40 seconds, or continuously for multiple cups.
2. Dedicated Espresso Boiler: With electronic PID control, delivers precise water temperature to +/-1ºC.
3. Heated Group Head: Maintains thermal stability throughout extraction. PID controlled.
True commercial features and performance in a domestic foot print
4 key elements in achieving the Gold Standard
- Pressure: Limit maximum extraction pressure.
- Temperature: Deliver consistent average extraction temperature within +/-1ºC
- Steam: Simultaneous texturing and extraction, and milk ready in less than 40 seconds.
- Pre-Infusion: Low pressure pre-infusion. Programmable pressure and duration.
Low Pressure Pre-Infusion
Gradually increases water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds before applying higher pressure.
Without this gradual increase in water pressure, “Channelling” or “Drilling” can occur. This means water takes the path of least resistance - usually weak spots between the coffee pick and the wall of the filter basket, instead of flowing evenly through the entire coffee puck. This results in flavour defects in the cup.
PID Temperature Control
PID electronics limit the extraction temperature to +/-1ºC of the programmed temperature to minimise fluctuation during extraction and maximise espresso flavour.
Adjustable espresso boiler temperature to suit coffee beans of different roasts and origins; adjustable steam temperature to suit different milk amounts.
Over Pressure Valve (OPV)
The ideal pressure during an extraction is 9 bar, but most household espresso machines use 15-19 bar pump. The OPV limits the maximum water pressure to optimal levels throughout extraction.
For machines not equipped with a boiler, hearing is conducted via a continuous stainless steel coil embedded in a one-piece aluminium block. The coil is wrapped closely around the heating element to provide superior temperature control.
Increase temperature stability by pre-heating be water to 70ºC before it enters the espresso boiler.
|the Duo Temp Pro||the Barista Express||the Dual Boiler||the Oracle|
|Overview||Low pressure pre-infusion and PID temperature control||Conical burr grinder and dose control||Precision extraction and simultaneous steam||Fully automatic grinding, tamping and milk texturing|
|Heating System||Thermocoil||Thermocoil||Dual Boiler||Dual Boiler|
|15 Bar Italian Made Pump||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Low Pressure Pre-infusion||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|PID Temperature Control||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Cup Warming Trays||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Other Colours Available||Black||Black||Red and Black|
|Speed: 2 Lattes (approx time)||2 mins 45 secs||2 mins 30 secs||2 mins||90 secs|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
What I really want to say is how well designed this machine is. Everything has its place, from the magnet to neatly hold your tamper in place, to the little 'empty me!' sign that pops up from the waste water tray when it gets full.
Here is my short list of things I have found irritating in previous machines that this one has nailed:
1. Solidly built, feels sturdy and reassuringly heavy. Really does look inviting on your work surface.
2. It has little wheels that you can extend to move the whole thing effortlessly when you need to clean underneath. You twist a knob and the wheels disappear again. Lovely touch.
3. The simplicity and clean look and feel of the controls hides a complex and infinitely tunable machine. You can make great coffee without changing anything, or make the perfect coffee for you by adjusting the temperature, pour time, pressure, etc etc.
4. Heats up relatively quickly - less than 2 minutes, and once hot gives you essentially endless hot water (the water pipes to the main boiler cleverly wrap around the steam boiler, so by the time it hits the main boiler it is already roasty toasty.
5. Being able to produce coffee and froth milk (with a genuinely good frother - it actually works and creates gorgeous silky foamy milk) at the same time is a godsend and massively reduces the time it takes to make a round of coffees.
6.Read more ›
I've paired this with the Sage grinder - with which I'm not quite so happy - there's not quite the level of micro-adjustment on the grind that really enables you to fine tune the recipe, and it's not as consistent as I'd like with the dosing - but then, I'm quite a perfectionist.
I've recently had a days barista training at the marvellous Prufrocks in London, and they were very complimentary about the machine as a home espresso maker. Following this, a little fine-tuning to the coffee recipe and a great improvement to the latte art, and I'm producing some stunning flat whites. (For those of you who are interested - generally looking at around 16.5g of coffee in the basket for a 34g extraction over around 30 seconds.) Being able to change between time and volume for extraction on the machine is amazing - it's really made a difference in consistency. Getting a mini-scale to go with this to enable calibration has really helped.
This machine will encourage you to experiment with all kinds of freshly roasted specialist coffee, as it's possible to distinguish much more difference in the espresso produced and highlight more subtle flavours. Freshly roasted beans (less than 2 weeks since roast) are the ideal, don't scrimp on the coffee. There's plenty of places that now do mail-delivery of freshly roasted beans, ideal.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had this for about a year now and quite honestly, although it cost a lot of money, I would not be without it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Fred Hopper
making nice latte more than coffee shop and good quality and you well never go to coffee shop AgainPublished 3 months ago by Abdullah bin khamis
Wow... A must for all coffee lovers!! You get what you pay for and delicious coffee at that!! Waiting for white glove service now, looking forward to seeing what this machine is... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Caz1712
I could not resist this machine once the price dropped and there was a free grinder on offer. It has been a revelation-so much easier to,use than my traditional Italian single head... Read morePublished 6 months ago by S. Penson
Very easy to use and produces consistently excellent results. The White Glove Service was very useful, allowing us to learn how to get the best from the machine . Read morePublished 6 months ago by Nicholas J.
Great machine. everything you need to get the best out of coffee.Published 11 months ago by HUSSEIN ALI ALNAJRANI