- Audio CD (13 July 1999)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Hanssler
- ASIN: B00000JNJU
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 976,215 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Have one to sell?
Secular Cantatas Bwv 208-209
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, 13 Jul 1999
Available from these sellers.
2 used from £2.76
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
1. BWV 208: Sinfonia, BWV 1046a
2. BWV 208: No.1: Recitativo: Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd!
3. BWV 208: No. 2: Aria: Jagen ist die Lust der Gotter
4. BWV 208: No. 3: Recitativo: Wie? Schonste Gottin! Wie?
5. BWV 208: No. 4: Aria: Willst du dich nicht mehr ergotzen
6. BWV 208: No. 5: Recitativo: Ich liebe dich zwar noch!
7. BWV 208: No. 6: Recitativo: Ich, der ich sonst ein Gott in diesen Feldern bin
8. BWV 208: No. 7: Aria: Ein Furst ist seines Landes Pan!
9. BWV 208: No. 8: Recitativo: Soll denn der Pales Opfer hier das letzte sein?
10. BWV 208: No. 9: Aria: Schafe konnen sicher weiden
11. BWV 208: No. 10: Recitativo: So stimmt mit ein
12. BWV 208: No. 11: Chorus (Aria a 4): Lebe, Sonne dieser Erden
13. BWV 208: No. 12: Duetto: Entzuket uns beide
14. BWV 208: No. 13: Aria: Weil die wollenreichen Herden
15. BWV 208: No. 14: Aria: Ihr Felder und Auen, lasst grunend euch schauen
16. BWV 208: No. 15: Chorus: Ihr lieblichste Blicke! ihr freudige Stunden
17. BWV 209: No. 1: Sinfonia
18. BWV 209: No. 2: Recitativo: Non sa che sia dolore
19. BWV 209: No. 3: Aria: Parti pur e con dolore
20. BWV 209: No. 4: Recitativo: Tuo saver al tempo
21. BWV 209: No. 5: Aria: Ricetti gramezza e pavento
I will ship by EMS or SAL items in stock in Japan. It is approximately 7-14days on delivery date. You wholeheartedly support customers as satisfactory. Thank you for you seeing it.
There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.co.uk.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
6 of 7 people found the following review helpful
By Gio - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Audio CD Verified Purchase
Sorry, Friends, I'd hoped to have a treat to offer with this performance. Helmuth Rilling has done some energetic interpretations of Bach's 'secular' cantatas, even though his various ensembles all play at A440 on 20th Century instruments. But this time he missed. I'll admit that I have an 'ideal' aural concept of the "Hunting Cantata" which no recording has yet approached, but this performance is inadequate in every way. The interpretation is sluggish and surly, whereas it should be bracing and at times rollicking. The modern instruments sound murky and academic, particularly the all-important horns and the oboes. The recording technology seems to my ears to have aimed at committee-like consensus rather than colorful transparency. The singers include people who have sounded better with other ensembles; here they seem to have tried to match their voices to the blattiness of the instruments. In any case, they sound harsh and wobbly. I'd be delighted if someone has a more plausible version of these two musically witty cantatas to recommend.
Were these reviews helpful? Let us know