Other Sellers on Amazon
The Jerry Ragovoy Story: Time is on My Side, 1953-2003
|Price:||£11.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
* Having showcased the work of his friends and collaborators Mort Shuman and Bert Berns, Ace now turns the spotlight on Philadelphia songwriter-arranger-producer Jerry Ragovoy. It brings together two dozen of his most significant moments from half a century of music making.
* Ragovoy's production work exemplifies the classic New York `Big City' sound of the 60s. His catalogue includes numerous hall-of-fame classics, almost all of which are included here in their original versions. (Others can be heard on Vol 1 and the forthcoming Vol 2 of Ace's "Bert Berns Story", Jerry and Bert having worked together in the mid 60s).
* The artists Ragovoy worked with on a regular basis: Garnet Mimms, Lorraine Ellison, Carl Hall, Irma Thomas and, perhaps especially, Howard Tate - are among the most cherished by serious soul fans, and all are featured here.
* The CD highlights include the rare original version of `Time Is On My Side' by trombonist Kai Winding, the even rarer, £300-rated debut 45 from Howard Tate `You're Looking Good' (also never previously reissued) and titles from both Jerry's first session (the Castelles) and his most recent to date (playing piano on Howard Tate's recut of `Get It While You Can'.
* The CD booklet contains a 2008 interview with Ragovoy, specially conducted for this project by another song writing legend (and friend of Ace), Al Kooper.
Top customer reviews
AFTER YOU HAVE LISTENED TO THIS CD , THE ONE THINGYOU MUST DO IS
GET BOTH OF THE BERT BERNS CDs . IF YOUDONT ENJOY THE MUSIC
CREATED BY BOTH OF THESE MEN THEN YOU REALLY ARE LISTENING
TO THE WRONG TYPE OF MUSIC FOR YOUR EARS
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Annecdotally, I briefly met Jerry Ragavoy once or twice in the early '70s at The Hit Factory (a friend's band was recording there), and although I already knew of his legend and sincerely appreciated his songwriting, his discoveries of great artists and his producing contributions, it was thrilling to briefly see first-hand his rigor about the music and his respect for the artists he worked with. I would add that he was also a very funny guy... good dry wit.
I was lucky once for meeting this beloved artist and producer and lucky twice that I was able to add this CD to my collection.
Look for similar items by category