- Warning: Not suitable for children under 36 months
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
K'NEX Education Simple and Compound Machines Building Set
|Price:||£49.20 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£20.79 (30%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Designed to expand upon middle school student's knowledge of simple machines concepts
- These concepts are fashioned around rigorous STEM content and national standards in science, technology, engineering and math
- Supports 1 - 2 students
- Includes Teacher's CD guide.
- Enough to build 16 fully-functioning replicas of real-world machines, one at a time. Key Stage 3,4 & 5.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item K'NEX Education Simple and Compound Machines Building Set
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Age Range Description||—||7 years +||7 years +||—||—||—|
|Are Batteries Needed To Power the Product or Is This Product a Battery?||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|EU Toys Safety Directive Age Warning||Not suitable for children under 36 months||Not suitable for children under 36 months||Not suitable for children under 36 months||Not suitable for children under 36 months||Not suitable for children under 36 months||Not suitable for children under 36 months|
|Is Assembly Required?||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Item Dimensions||21.59 x 34.92 x 19.37 cm||22.22 x 34.92 x 19.37 cm||19.68 x 40.64 x 26.67 cm||5.72 x 31.75 x 31.12 cm||22.22 x 34.61 x 19.68 cm||27.94 x 18.42 x 41.28 cm|
|Maximum Age Recommendation||600||168||0||600||1,188||600|
|Number of Units Included in Each of the Package Customer Receives||1||618||705||198||375||6|
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
K'NEX education simple and compound machines building set is designed to expand upon middle school student's knowledge of simple machines concepts. Students investigate, explore and experiment with the K'NEX simple machine models as they analyze, synthesize and evaluate information. The Teacher's guide includes Student Inquiry Sheets and Worksheets for the models highlighted. Set includes 352 K'NEX parts enough to build 16 fully-functioning replicas of real-world machines, one at a time. Supports 1 - 2 students. Key Stage 3,4 & 5.
Building instructions and comprehensive teacher's guide aligned to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Standards included. Packaged in a strong storage tub with snap-on lid. STEM Education focuses on science, technology, engineering and mathematics concepts taught through problem-solving, discovery, exploratory learning and critical thinking. STEM Education requires students to be active participants in the learning. K'NEX models offer hands-on learning opportunities that encourage scientific inquiry, investigation and experimentation. Aligned to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math standards.
1 x Simple and Compound Machines Building Set
From the manufacturer
Design - Make - Evaluate
- Robust and easy storage
- Made of 100 per cent recyclable materials.
Why K'NEX Education
The K'NEX Education Range has been designed to maximize pupil engagement in today's busy classroom.
- Sets have been designed for school use and teach young scientists and engineers key science, technology and maths concepts by constructing real world models.
- Each product in the K'NEX Education line comes with a comprehensive Teacher's Guide, with lesson plan and extension activities.
- Easy to follow, colour coded instructions make it possible for pupils to work independently or in groups.
Engage, excite and motivate pupils to learn. Encourage scientific enquiry, investigation and experimentation through active participation.
Education standards alignment
Aligned to national Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths curriculum (STEM).
Replicas of real world machine
Help students to relate concepts to the world they live in.
Enquiry based curriculum
Challenges students to apply problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
Simple and Compound Machines
- Effort & Resistance
- Mechanical Advantage
- Six types of simple machines
Supports up to 3 students at any one time
Ideal for Key Stages 2, 3 and 4. Ages 9+
Perfect when teaching design and technology - students can explore how machines work.
Many students accelerate their learning through hands on exploration and experimentation. The K'NEX introduction to Machines range allows students to explore diverse areas of the curriculum.
81 Page Teacher's Guide
Builds 16 Models including:
Tow truck, elevator, block and tackle, screwdriver , paddle boat, dump truck, inclined plane, Archimedes’ screw, conveyor belt, rack and pinion, crank fan, carousel and transmission.
14 Lesson Plans and Worksheets
The lesson plans enable students to investigate a broad variety of mechanisms in more complex models.
Includes 352 K'NEX parts and pieces.
Stored in sturdy snap on lid tubs.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
It looks fun like great fun for building though.