- Hardcover: 255 pages
- Publisher: Birkhäuser GmbH; 3rd ed. edition (7 Aug. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3034600321
- ISBN-13: 978-3034600323
- Product Dimensions: 22.1 x 2.5 x 27.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,430,644 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Unfolded: Paper in Design, Art, Architecture and Industry Hardcover – 7 Aug 2009
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Petra Schmidt is an independent author and consultant in Frankfurt am Main. She teaches theory of design at the Hochschule fur Gestaltung in Karlsruhe (Academy of Design, Karlsruhe) and writes for art and design magazines such as art and Frame. After completing her degree in theater, film, and media studies in Frankfurt, she worked for various design firms and was editor in chief of the design journal form from 1999 to 2007. She is co-editor of the books Patterns and Patterns 2, Muster in Design, Kunst und Architektur, published by the Birkhauser Verlag in 2005 and 2008, respectively. Nicola Stattmann has worked as an independent designer in Frankfurt since 2002. Her studio specializes in developing products that focus on the use of new materials and technologies. As an author, she has written for numerous design and architectural trade journals; she is also the author of the publications Handbuch Material Technologie (av Verlag, 2000) and Ultra Light Super Strong (Birkhauser Verlag, 2003). Since 2001, she has taught at various universities at home and abroad as a visiting professor; she currently teaches in the Department of Industrial Design at the Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz (University of Applied Sciences, Northwest Switzerland). www.nicolastattmann.com
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Interior Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration > Styles & Decor