- Hardcover: 450 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (10 Oct. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118313631
- ISBN-13: 978-1118313633
- Product Dimensions: 17.5 x 2.5 x 25.1 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
6,807,317 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1094 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Fluid Mechanics
- #1249 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Engineering Graphics & Technical Drawing
- #19432 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- See Complete Table of Contents
Thermo-Fluids Hardcover – 10 Oct 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Useful for undergraduate mechanical engineering design curricula. Summing Up: Recommended. Upper–division undergraduates, faculty, and professionals/practitioners. (Choice, 1 June 2013)
From the Back Cover
A fully comprehensive guide to thermal systems design covering fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, heat transfer and thermodynamic power cycles
Bridging the gap between the fundamental concepts of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics, and the practical design of thermo–fluids components and systems, this textbook focuses on the design of internal fluid flow systems, coiled heat exchangers and performance analysis of power plant systems. The topics are arranged so that each builds upon the previous chapter to convey to the reader that topics are not stand–alone items during the design process, and that they all must come together to produce a successful design.
Because the complete design or modification of modern equipment and systems requires knowledge of current industry practices, the authors highlight the use of manufacturer s catalogs to select equipment, and practical examples are included throughout to give readers an exhaustive illustration of the fundamental aspects of the design process.
- Demonstrates how industrial equipment and systems are designed, covering the underlying theory and practical application of thermo–fluid system design
- Practical rules–of–thumb are included in the text as Practical Notes to underline their importance in current practice and provide additional information
- Includes an instructor s manual hosted on the book s companion website
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book can be used as a design tool for thermal systems, air conditiong and refrigeration systems, detailed piping design, etc.
Detailed examples with practical calculation of all those subjects, showing the "real life" problems.
The book is very recommended for thermal and HVAC engineers and designers.
A little pricey, but worth it. If it's what you need.
Well written book. Good examples. Useful tables.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Engineering Graphics & Technical Drawing
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Fluid Mechanics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering