- Hardcover: 752 pages
- Publisher: OUP USA; 3 edition (27 Feb. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 019515598X
- ISBN-13: 978-0195155983
- Product Dimensions: 23.9 x 3.6 x 18.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
2,012,178 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #232 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Engines & Power Transmission
- #1542 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- #4089 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- See Complete Table of Contents
Theory of Machines and Mechanisms Hardcover – 27 Feb 2003
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
John J. Uicker, Jr. is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. His teaching and research specialties are in solid geometric modeling, modeling of mechanical motion and their application to computer-aided design and manufacture. He received his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Northwestern University and joined the University of Wisconsin faculty in 1967. Uicker is one of the founding members of the US Council for the Theory of Machines and Mechanisms. He served for several years as editor-in-chief of the Mechanism and MachineTheory. Gordon R. Pennock is an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana. His teaching experience is primarily in the area of machine design. His research specialties are in theoretical kinematics and in the dynamics of mechanical motion. He has applied his research to robotics, rotary machinery and biomechanics, including kinematics and dynamics of articulated rigid-body mechanical systems. He received his Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering from the University of California, Davis. Since joining the Purdue University faculty in 1983, he has served on several national committees and international program committees. He is the Student Section Advisor of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) at Purdue University, Region VI College Relations Chairman, Senior Representative on the Student Section Committee, and a member of the Board on Student Affairs. He is also an Associate of the Internal Combustion Engine Division, ASME, and served as the Technical Committee Chairman of Mechanical Design, Internal Combustion Engine Division, from 1993-1997. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Joseph E. Shigley (deceased May 1994) was Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan and a Fellow in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. He held the Mechanisms Committee Award, the Worcester Reed Warner medal and the Machine Design Award. He was an author of eight books, including Mechanical Engineering Design (with Charles R. Mischke) and Applied Mechanics of Materials. He was also Coeditor-in-Chief of the Standard Handbook of Machine Design. He first wrote Kinematic Analysis of Mechanisms in 1958 and Dynamic Analysis of Machines in 1961. These texts became published in a single volume titled Theory of Machines in 1961 and evolved over the years to the current text, Theory of Machines and Mechanisms, now in its third edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Another book very important in this area isMechanisms and Dynamics of Machinery
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Engines & Power Transmission
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering