- Paperback: 282 pages
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (5 Aug. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449393632
- ISBN-13: 978-1449393632
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 1.6 x 23.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
739,954 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #722 in Books > Computers & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- #849 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Web Design Applications
- #973 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- See Complete Table of Contents
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Raffaele Cecco is a veteran software developer from the European video games industry. He served as Technical Director at London-based software studio King of the Jungle Ltd, where he created software for clients such as Hasbro and Virgin. He has also worked with web technologies and retail e-commerce systems.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is following with a quick look at a graph showing that, actually, this doesn't make much difference - but - hey! - bare it in mind, and then, the author's on to the next topic. And the next. And the next.
It does describe some useful principles, drawing with JQuery Mobile, a bit of HTML 5 Canvas, but overall, the book feels like a collection of slightly-related ideas, thrown together in a book, in the hope that some of them would be useful to a developer. You'll certainly pick up some useful ideas and programming methods, but will need to buy further books to get a real grasp on any of the topics. For example, SVG, which is one of the topics mentioned in the book's title, is summarized in little more than half of a page.
It also includes introductions to the html5 canvas, jQuery-UI and other bits and pieces (html5 sockets, google charts etc). But these are just to give you a flavor and point you in the right direction.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Scripting & Programming