- Hardcover: 802 pages
- Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing Co Inc; 5th edition (29 Jun. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 053437770X
- ISBN-13: 978-0534377700
- Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 18.4 x 24.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 499,922 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Statistical Methods for Psychology Hardcover – 29 Jun 2001
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
1. Basic Concepts. 2. Describing and Exploring Data. 3. The Normal Distribution. 4. Sampling Distributions and Hypothesis Testing. 5. Basic Concepts of Probability. 6. Categorical Data and Chi-Square. 7. Hypothesis Tests Applied to Means. 8. Power. 9. Correlation and Regression. 10. Alternative Correlational Techniques. 11. Simple Analysis of Variance. 12. Multiple Comparisons Among Treatment Means. 13. Factorial Analysis of Variance. 14. Repeated-Measures Designs. 15. Multiple Regression. 16. Analyses Of Variance and Covariance as General Linear Models. 17. Log-Linear Analysis. 18. Resampling and Nonparametric Approaches to Data. Appendices. References. Answers to Selected Exercises. Index. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
David C. Howell is a professor emeritus and former chair of the psychology department at the University of Vermont. Professor Howell's primary area of research is in statistics and experimental methods. He is also the author of STATISTICAL METHODS FOR PSYCHOLOGY, currently in an Eighth Edition (Wadsworth Cengage Learning, 2013), and the ENCYCLOPEDIA OF STATISTICS IN BEHAVIOR SCIENCE (2005) with Brian Everitt. Before retiring, he frequently served as consultant with other faculty, both in the psychology department and in departments as disparate as Geology and Animal Sciences, and brings those experiences to this endeavor. Professor Howell's other interests include computing and the World Wide Web, and how technology affects communication, teaching, and research. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top Customer Reviews
Anyway...a super introduction to statistics. Howell is totally outstanding at explaining things.
Way too many typos though. His editors get low marks from me. Even so, a great book. (Howell has a lot of great stuff on his website too.)
Having read and used this book I wouldn't recomend it to anyone. It's writting style is terrible and difficult to follow and it relys on the reader being able to understand very hard mathematical equations without offering nay explanations. There are much better stats books on the market than this. Avoid this one and go for either Andy Fields or Hugh Collican, both of who make stats fun and accessable to all.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dieses Buch ist voll das was ich erwartet habe. deshalb fünf SternePublished on 17 Aug. 2014 by DirkW
Very useful but I had to use other books to explain SPSS properly. However, in my opinion, this book explained SPSS the best out of all of the books I have. Very glad I bought it.Published on 6 Aug. 2013 by Sophia
Simple and clear introduction to statistics, I couldn't have wished for more. Thank you David Howell for having written such a helpful text.Published on 1 May 2013 by Gelli Velia Giuliana
This is the right choice for anybody from non-mathematical background to learn about statistics. I am studying a master course in Neuroscience after finishing Medical School . Read morePublished on 11 Dec. 2011 by ahmed
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Methodology > Psychometrics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Methodology & Research > Statistics & Research