- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Sams; 1 Pap/Cdr edition (2 July 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672329654
- ISBN-13: 978-0672329654
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 2.3 x 23.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
495,887 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #282 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- #325 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Introduction to Programming
- #365 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Introduction
- See Complete Table of Contents
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Learn how to…
- Build better, more interactive interfaces for your web applications
- Compile an Ajax application
- Create and consume web services with SOAP and REST
- Avoid common errors and troubleshoot programs
- Use popular Ajax libraries to speed up and improve common programming tasks
On the CD
- XAMPP for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux–an easy-to-install package to set up a PHP- and MySQL-enabled Apache server on your computer
- The jEdit programming editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- A complete Ajax, HTML, XML, and PHP tutorial reference library in searchable PDF format
- Source code for the examples in the book
Phil Ballard is a software engineering consultant and developer specializing in website and intranet design and development for an international portfolio of clients. He has an honors degree from the University of Leeds, England, and has worked for several years in commercial and managerial roles in the high technology sector.
Michael Moncur is a freelance webmaster and author. He runs a network of websites and has written several bestselling books about web development, networking, certification programs, and databases.
Category: Web Development
User Level: Beginning―Intermediate
$39.99 USA / $43.99 CAN / £25.99 Net UK
About the Author
Phil Ballard, the author of Sams Teach Yourself Ajax in 10 Minutes, graduated in 1980 with an honors degree in electronics from the University of Leeds, England. Following an early career as a research scientist with a major multinational, he spent a few years in commercial and managerial roles within the high technology sector, later working full time as a software engineering consultant. Operating as “The Mouse Whisperer” (http://www.mousewhisperer.co.uk), Ballard has spent recent years involved solely in website and intranet design and development for an international portfolio of clients.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's a beginners guide (a good one at that) but you'll probably need to invest in other book(s) one you are done with this one.
That is not to say that you should skip this one, as I said it does provide essential foundations.
This book turns out to be definitely for beginners, and with plenty of duplicate codes everywhere.
Worth the money I'd say.
* Easy to follow, easy to read, easy to learn.
* It doesn't let you bite off more than you can chew in one hit.
* Good reading flow. You don't find yourself jumping around the book to re-read other sections.
Unique about this book:
* One thing I should have realised, but didn't at the time, is a great selling point of this book is that you're done with it so quickly that you can resell it pretty quick. So you can get most of your money back towards a book that's more advanced.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It focus's way too hard on the how and not the why, shame as I love the sam's books, I have many!Published on 31 Aug. 2011 by r macey
Clearly written and comprehensive introduction to the topics.
Many helpful and practical hints throughout. Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Introduction
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Introduction to Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Scripting & Programming
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering