- Paperback: 344 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 1st ed. edition (26 Aug. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1590595262
- ISBN-13: 978-1590595268
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 2 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,421,176 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #664 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Robotics
- #1800 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- #2464 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Robosapien Companion: Tips, Tricks, and Hacks (Technology in Action) Paperback – 26 Aug 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Jamie Samans is currently doing freelance photography, writing, and technical consulting. He recently won first place in Servo magazine's worldwide "hack-a-sapien" contest and has been extremely active in the Robosapien community since July of 2004 (U.S. release). His hack submission was published in the January issue of Servo, as well as several of his photographs. He also contributed the photography for the cover of the January issue of Servo. Servo has also asked him to write a series of articles on advanced hacking techniques for publication in 2005.
Top Customer Reviews
You may as well just go on the internet.
This is a £2 book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
The book has lots of small tips and tricks in it that work great with the Robosapien. They range from programs to tips on how the sensors work on the robot, and all of them work excellently with the new RS X model. There is even a more advanced project in the book which shows you how to add a wireless camera to the Robosapien, and the parts are still readily available online so the instructions can still be followed perfectly today.
The thing that I liked the most about the book, though, is the history and background information about how the Robosapien came to be. It was fun to read about some of the design and planning that went into putting this robot together.
Overall, I like the book and think it's a great thing to have to get the most out of your Robosapien.
The part I found most interesting was the insight on the China Toy makers. I guess it is not that easy to copy a brilliant design.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Robotics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering