- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Vintage (4 Sept. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0099569590
- ISBN-13: 978-0099569596
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 3.8 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 613,806 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Restless Empire: China and the World Since 1750 Paperback – 4 Sep 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Written by one of the most distinguished scholars on China, this book brings clarity and insight into complex historical issues" (Jung Chang)
"Thorough, fast-moving, and consistently clear. Restless Empire gives an excellent introduction to the vagaries of China’s foreign relations over the last 250 years" (Jonathan Spence, author of The Search for Modern China)
"An authoritative and lucid history of China’s foreign relations from the peak of the Qing dynasty in the eighteenth century to the present day. Anyone seeking to understand the role China may play in our future world should start with this book" (Stephen R. Platt, author of Autumn in the Heavenly Kingdom)
"An essential guide to modern China’s often violent encounter with the rest of the world" (Frank Dikotter, author of 'Mao’s Great Famine')
A prizewinning historian and expert on Chinese foreign relations examines China's relationship with the outside world over the last 250 years, showing how the past will set the course for China's future.See all Product description