- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Research Funding Toolkit: How To Plan And Write Successful Grant Applications Paperback – 6 Jun 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This comprehensive book tackles one of the main issues an academic faces today - how to secure funding for research. With Research Council success rates falling and funding in general becoming more competitive this is a book postgraduate students, researchers and the professionals supporting them cannot do without
Dr Louise Bright
University of Glamorgan
I'd certainly have no hesitation in recommending this book to researchers who want to improve their chances of getting funding, and also to new and to experienced research managers. In particular, academics who don't have regular access to research managers (or similar) and to experienced grant getters and givers at their own institution should consider this book essential reading if they entertain serious ambitions about obtaining research funding.
Social Science Research Funding
'The authors of The Research Funding Toolkit, guide the reader through constructing a grant application step by step, and succeed in providing a very useful tool for success in the research world. Although writing an application is often a daunting and dreaded task, this book is neither boring nor uninspiring: every page is clear and enjoyable, and includes a broad range of examples included from across many disciplines. Thirty-six examples are extracted from eight actual funded applications, covering a diverse selection of funding agencies in several countries. This book is a must-have for every researcher, whether junior or senior, and should be required reading for every member of a department. This book will allow readers to organize a workshop with research groups, with easy to follow steps exercises that Aldridge and Derrington suggest. The result will surely be an interesting and much-improved research proposal that will have high chances of obtaining that next grant' (Simone Belli 2013-07-04)
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Funding
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Higher & Further Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Methodology & Research > Statistics & Research
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Reference