- Hardcover: 702 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 3 edition (13 Dec. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1466561742
- ISBN-13: 978-1466561748
- Product Dimensions: 18.3 x 3 x 25.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,776,466 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Remote Sensing for Geoscientists: Image Analysis and Integration, Third Edition Hardcover – 13 Dec 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"… a well organized and highly readable overview of many of the most powerful and significant applications of "practical" remote sensing. … The book is sure to clarify concepts both old and new while stimulating interest in the new. … The great difficulty in a book of this type is to stay relevant in a world of ever changing technology. The author has done an excellent job in doing this, in a clear and readable manner. I feel that this book will become the standard reference for practitioners and students alike."
―Dr Ralph N.Baker, Independent Consulting Geologist, Houston, Texas
"… provides an earth scientist with a very efficient, one-stop information shop that covers not only the standard reflected light, thermal, and radar systems, but also the very important geophysical sensors such as potential field, EM, GPR, side-scan sonar, etc. … an important contribution for earth scientists trying to understand how remote sensing imagery and vegetation can be used to create better maps of the earth’s geology."
―James Ellis, Ellis GeoSpatial
"Dr. Prost has clearly and thoroughly explained the wide variety of methods and applications … Geoscientists will find this comprehensive guide to the interpretation and integration of remote sensing data to be a welcome addition to their personal libraries."
―Dr. Dietmar (Deet) Schumacher, Vice President for Geosciences and technology, E&P Field Services
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography