- Paperback: 1501 pages
- Publisher: American Mathematical Society (30 July 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0821820141
- ISBN-13: 978-0821820148
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 17.8 x 24.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,395,175 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Quantum Fields and Strings, Volume 1 & 2: A Course for Mathematicians: v. 1 & 2 (American Mathematics Society non-series title) Paperback – 30 Jul 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
One minor draw back is that the lecture notes suppose the reader has a strong background in geometry/topology; nevertheless with some background reading each lecture is within the scope of a graduate student.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
The book is a collection of lectures given by the various contributors, which fit together perfectly . The first volume has a very good overview of concepts and definitions at the very beginning and serves as a more mathematically oriented introductory treatment of SUSY and QFT with many advanced topics near the end. The second volume starts with an axiomatic approach of CFT and its use in string theory and then quantises strings with the BRST method (on a more mathematical level than usual), which is done superbly.
It's a great reference, a wonderful textbook and a true delicacy in modern mathematical physics. A MUST HAVE for every mathematically inclined physicst or any mathematician with interests in physics! Great value for money...
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Quantum Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Applied Physics