- Hardcover: 144 pages
- Publisher: University of Virginia Press; 1st University of Virginia Press Ed edition (30 Mar. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0813925517
- ISBN-13: 978-0813925516
- Product Dimensions: 14.9 x 1.7 x 20.8 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,263,326 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Pontius Pilate (Studies in Religion and Culture (Hardcover)) Hardcover – 30 Mar 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Roger Caillois, 1913-1978, philosopher, writer, and Academie francaise laureate, was the author of numerous works of anthropology, sociology, psychoanalysis, art, and literary criticism, and the cofounder, with Georges Bataille, of France's College of Sociology for the Study of the Sacred. Ivan Strenski is Professor and Holstein Endowed Chairholder in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of California, Riverside, and the author or editor of several works, including Contesting Sacrifice and Thinking about Religion.