- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) Paperback – 22 Dec 2008
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
ARE YOU READY FOR AN AMAZING NEW VERSION OF THE PHOTOSHOP BOOK THAT BREAKS ALL THE RULES?
Scott Kelby, the best-selling Photoshop author in the world today, once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers the latest, most important, and most exciting new Adobe Photoshop CS4 techniques for digital photographers. This major update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that’s never been done before―it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step-by-step the exact techniques used by today’s cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why. That’s why the previous editions of this book are widely used as the official study guide in photography courses at colleges and universities around the world.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year Scott trains thousands of professional photographers how to use Photoshop, and almost without exception they have the same questions, the same problems, and the same challenges―and that’s exactly what he covers in this book. You’ll learn:
• The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
• The pros’ tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
• The step-by-step setup for getting what comes out of your printer to match exactly what you see onscreen.
• A whole chapter on how to process HDR (High Dynamic Range) images.
• How to master new CS4 interface and workflow features.
• How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat.
• How to process RAW digital camera images (plus how to take advantage of all the new Camera Raw features in CS4!).
• How to add real automation to your work.
• How to show your work like a pro!
• A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick “insider” tricks to send your productivity through the roof!
Plus, Scott included a special bonus chapter with his own CS4 workflow, from start to finish. If you’re a digital photographer, and you’re ready to learn the “tricks of the trade”―the same ones that today’s leading pros use to correct, edit, sharpen, retouch, and present their work―then you’re holding the book that will do just that.
About the Author
Scott Kelby is Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Training Director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour, and one of the leading seminar instructors in the country today. Scott is an award-winning author of more than 50 books on Photoshop, digital imaging, and technology, and for four years straight he has been the world’s #1 best-selling author of all computer and technology books. His other titles include Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks, The Photoshop Channels Book, Photoshop Classic Effects, and The Digital Photography Book, vols. 1 & 2. His easygoing, plain-English, step-by-step style of teaching makes learning Photoshop easy and fun.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
He's also now included a chapter on HDR. This includes not only how to process the images in Photoshop, but also how to process them using Photomatix, which pretty much everyone accepts is the best tool to use for tonemapping multiple exposures.
This is a well written book and like all of his others that I've bought, has helped to improve not only my Photoshop skills, but also my photography skills. I have come to rely on his easy-going style and very clear steps to help me get the most out of Photoshop and my camera.
I liked the format of this book, and the as easy as ever narrative. Kelby's tackled some good techniques for the photographer, which I wanted. I prefer using Lightroom as a pro photographer, but CS4 still more than has its place. With using this and other books from the Kelby stable, life has beem easier by far. Totally recommended for photographers of all abilities. With Amazon's amazing price, it's a total bargain as well!
I had the previous books from Scott for Photoshop CS3 and found The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers great read will lots of superb tutorials. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to get the best from Photoshop CS4.
I expected this book to be a revamp of the old CS3 book and in a way it is but still has lots of great stuff to learn. You will not be disappointed with this book.
Some readers have complained about Scott's humour in his books but don't let this discourage you from purchasing this edition. Personally I don't find his humour of putting at all.
I have quite a few books from the Kelby camp on Photoshop from CS2 to CS4 and find they have not only improved my Photoshop techniques but also they have made me thing about the subject before I press the shutter
I look forward to more publications from Scott and my next purchase will be CS4 Down and dirty tricks.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation