- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Photoshop CS3 for Dummies (For Dummies) Paperback – 24 Apr 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"…by the end you will know a lot more about Photoshop." ( www.gadgetspeak.com, Monday 13th August)
From the Back Cover
Loaded with the latest Photoshop tips and techniques
The secrets of digital image editing ― explained in plain English!
Photoshop CS3 is a powerhouse, and here′s the fast and easy way to get up to speed on all the coolest features. This friendly guide helps you get images into Photoshop ― and then turn them into dazzling works of art. You′ll see how to work in the right file formats, master the Brushes palette, get creative with filters, convert color to grayscale, and more!
- Adjust brightness, improve color, and fix flaws
Take advantage of the Raw file format
Composite images with layers and blending modes
Automate your tasks with scripts and Actions
Apply the new Smart Filters to Smart Objects
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I've played around with many photo-editing applications over the last few years but not actually Photoshop (which many consider bizarre considering that Photoshop is generally viewed as the ultimate in photo editing software), so I'm quite comfortable with many procedures, but was a bit phased at the vast array of options open to me in Photoshop.
This book has helped me to familiarise myself with the programme, and to edit my photos with the book as a trusty guide.
I have learnt a lot about Photoshop from this book. It covers the basic stuff through to some advanced editing techniques. It isn't a an encyclopaedia of all the functions, but it makes what can often be a daunting application very accessible - particularly for those who are new to it.
A very good buy for CS 3 users with easy to follow examples.
As usual, the simple to read language and humorous cartoon interludes between chapters give the deceptive impression that this manual is lightweight - which it most certainly is not. Photoshop is (at least in my humble opinion)a very advanced computer graphics programme and the manual accompanying it has a bewildering array of information that is (again in my humble opinion) not as accessible as it might be.
This 'For Dummies' version however,is easy to read, detailed enough to be useful and (unlike many other 'For Dummies' volumes) has many pages in colour, which are essential for a programme like Photoshop.
Once again, 'For Dummies' has given this computer Luddite enough confidence to make the most out of his investment in computer software, at least enough to approach the full manual without anxiety.
It outlines the new features in CS3 in a concise and straightforward manner.
Even though it is just scratching the surface of this complex programme it goes deep enough for me to understand the basics which is all I want.
I would certainly reccommend this book to beginners and to those a little more experienced.
For example - I was looking at how to open a layer - I would like a book, with screen shots saying press here and open this. This book does not operate in this way.
There is lots of info, but no step by step guides on how to undertake the most basic post processing before you step up to the more difficult tasks.
If you want a real guide, then don't waste your money. I am sure that this book has a purpose, but it certainly isn't aimed at total newbies to CS3 unlike the title, which would suggest it is.
All in all, a total disappointment that for me does not do what the title suggests. Wish I'd never wasted my monet to be honest.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation