- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Philip's (4 Jan. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849070652
- ISBN-13: 978-1849070652
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 1.2 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (14 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 433,697 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Philip's Moon Observer's Guide Paperback – 4 Jan 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A practical introduction to Moonwatching, day by day. Detailed maps show hundreds of lunar features. Spectacular close-up images of the Moon's surface. How to choose and use the equipment. Methods of recording your observations. How to observe and photograph lunar eclipses.
About the Author
Peter Grego is Director of the Lunar Section of Britain's Society for Popular Astronomy (SPA) and the Topographical Coordinator of the British Astronomical Association (BAA) Lunar Section. He writes and illustrates the monthly MoonWatch page in Astronomy Now magazine and is the expert on observing for Sky at Night magazine's Astro Answers.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Get the Binoculars or Scope out and start seeing The Moon in all its glory.
but I also would have liked a large scale full moon map to pin up on a wall.
Buyers --- some of the Philip's books are a LOT cheaper on Ebay brand new just compare before you buy!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you want to use a telescope and enjoy viewing the moon, then you cannot go far wrong buying the Philip's GuidesPublished on 20 Sept. 2014 by Dixy3
It covered everything I needed as a starting point reference book and have me food for thought for further researchPublished on 25 Dec. 2013 by P F Hutton
A well written and informative book.
Ideal if you plan to observe the Lunar 100 in the coming winter months!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Cosmology