- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Image Comics; 01 edition (15 Sept. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1582407665
- ISBN-13: 978-1582407661
- Product Dimensions: 16.3 x 1.8 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 390,496 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Nightly News (Nightly News Tp) Paperback – 15 Sep 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
more like a powerful thriller movie than a comic!! buy it now!!
Is it worth buying yes, This is a very well researched and presented book.
The art style is very different unique almost.
The book is a look at the idea of TV news and how as our main medium for finding out about the world outside.
The book is very much an anti political agenda within the news book.
In conclusion for a book that makes you think Pick this up. On a side note check out Hickmans other work
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
It certainly has the most unusual page layouts I've ever seen, there's little in the way of traditional sequential art, maybe one or two 9 panel grids in the whole book. Occasionally the flow of dialogue is awkward and hard to follow. And Hickman's signature trick seems to be blacking out the eyes. Other than a few small gripes there's really nothing quite like a good Hickman book so check it out if you like well constructed conspiracy plots a là fight Club or network.
I would recommend this book to anyone who reads Hickman's stuff.
The one thing that I disliked is the art style. A little of it is good but if you read a lot of the book at one time the art becomes a bit overwhelming. This is more of a novel, with 'pop art' thrown in, not really a graphic novel. The art merely sets up the atmosphere, other than that Hickman's story does the rest, and it is terrific.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Genre
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Dark Horse
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Fantagraphics
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Hamlyn
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Image Comics
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Titan Books
- Books > Humour > Fiction