- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Global Navigation Satellite Systems, Inertial Navigation, and Integration Hardcover – 22 Mar 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
An updated guide to GNSS, and INS, and solutions to real–world GNSS/INS problems with Kalman filtering
Written by recognized authorities in the field, this third edition of a landmark work provides engineers, computer scientists, and others with a working familiarity of the theory and contemporary applications of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Inertial Navigational Systems, and Kalman filters. Throughout, the focus is on solving real–world problems, with an emphasis on the effective use of state–of–the–art integration techniques for those systems, especially the application of Kalman filtering. To that end, the authors explore the various subtleties, common failures, and inherent limitations of the theory as it applies to real–world situations, and provide numerous detailed application examples and practice problems, including GNSS–aided INS (tightly and loosely coupled), modeling of gyros and accelerometers, and SBAS and GBAS.
Drawing upon their many years of experience with GNSS, INS, and the Kalman filter, the authors present numerous design and implementation techniques not found in other professional references. The Third Edition includes:
- Updates on the upgrades in existing GNSS and other systems currently under development
- Expanded coverage of basic principles of antenna design and practical antenna design solutions
- Expanded coverage of basic principles of receiver design and an update of the foundations for code and carrier acquisition and tracking within a GNSS receiver
- Expanded coverage of inertial navigation, its history, its technology, and the mathematical models and methods used in its implementation
- Derivations of dynamic models for the propagation of inertial navigation errors, including the effects of drifting sensor compensation parameters
- Greatly expanded coverage of GNSS/INS integration, including derivation of a unified GNSS/INS integration model, its MATLAB® implementations, and performance evaluation under simulated dynamic conditions
The companion website includes updated background material; additional MATLAB scripts for simulating GNSS–only and integrated GNSS/INS navigation; satellite position determination; calculation of ionosphere delays; and dilution of precision.
About the Author
MOHINDER S. GREWAL, PhD, PE, is Professor of Electrical Engineering in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at California State University, Fullerton.
ANGUS P. ANDREWS, PhD, was senior scientist (now retired) at the Rockwell Science Center in Thousand Oaks, California.
CHRIS G. BARTONE, PhD, PE, is Professor of Electrical Engineering in the Russ College of Engineering and Technology, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Travel & Holiday