- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Mobile Technologies of the City (Networked Cities Series) Hardcover – 23 Feb 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Mimi Sheller is Visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania and Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for Mobilities Research at Lancaster University, England. She is the author of Democracy After Slavery (2000) and Consuming the Caribbean (2003), and co-editor of Uprootings/Regroundings (2003) and Tourism Mobilitites (2004). She is also co-editor of the new Routledge journal Mobilities.
John Urry is Professor of Sociology and Director of the Centre for Mobilities Research, Lancaster University. Recent books include Sociology beyond Societies (2000), The Tourist Gaze (1990/2002), Global Complexity (2003), Tourism Mobilities (co-edited; 2004), Automobilities (coedited; 2005). He is also co-editor of the new Routledge journal Mobilities.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Computing & Internet
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Urban & Rural Planning