- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Mindfulness-Based Treatment Approaches: Clinician's Guide to Evidence Base and Applications (Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional) Paperback – 15 Dec 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"...a valuable addition to the library of clinicians and researchers interested in mindfulness-based treatments for a wide variety of disorders and populations."
About the Author
Ruth Baer is Professor of Psychology at the University of Kentucky. She has published widely on the assessment of mindfulness, mindfulness-based interventions and their mechanisms of change, relationships between mindfulness and other aspects of psychological functioning, and mindfulness and related variables in borderline personality disorder. She teaches and supervises several mindfulness-based interventions, including acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT), mindfulness-based relapse prevention (MBRP), and mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR). Prof. Baer is the developer of the Kentucky Inventory of Mindfulness Skills and the Five Facet Mindfulness Questionnaire, and editor of two previous books for professionals: Mindfulness-Based Treatment Approaches: Clinician’s Guide to Evidence Base and Application, and Assessing Mindfulness and Acceptance: Illuminating the Processes of Change. She serves on the editorial boards of several journals and has presented many talks and workshops on mindfulness in the US and abroad. Her latest book presents a self-help approach to mindfulness for the general public and is published in the US as The Practicing Happiness Workbook: How Mindfulness Can Free You From the Four Psychological Traps that Keep You Stressed, Anxious, and Depressed, and in the United Kingdom as Practising Happiness: How Mindfulness Can Free You from Psychological Traps and Help you Build the Life you Want.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Provides a clear description of a variety of Mindfulness-based treatments. Central concepts and procedural steps are clarified and contrasted enabling the reader to discriminate easily between approaches and to select the most appropriate for their client group. Clear case examples demonstrate how to apply different methods. Highly recommended for post-grad psychology students.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z