- Paperback: 388 pages
- Publisher: Microsoft Press; 1 edition (30 Jun. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735671648
- ISBN-13: 978-0735671645
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 2.5 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
699,045 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #208 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Internet Applications > Web-server Software > Microsoft
- #234 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems > Systems Analysis & Design
- #284 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Databases > Applications > Microsoft Access > Reference
- See Complete Table of Contents
Microsoft SharePoint 2013: Planning for Adoption and Governance Paperback – 30 Jun 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Geoff Evelyn is a SharePoint MVP focused on SharePoint service delivery and SharePoint Implementation. He is the author of Managing and Implementing Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010 Projects and coauthor of MOS 2010 Study Guide for Microsoft Word Expert, Excel® Expert, Access®, and SharePoint.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Define the content of services clearly
- Define the roles and responsibilities of customers (those who pay for the services), users, and service providers clearly
- Set expectations of service quality, availability, and timeliness
- Sustain User Adoption and Governance
This is not a book that will teach you how SharePoint works or how you have to set up version control or add sites and libraries. The book wants to help people that need to roll-out SharePoint by asking them the right questions on how they want the users to learn and adopt SharePoint, how to set goals for your stakeholders and how to set up the correct Business processes and services to successfully implement a SharePoint solution in the organisation.
In my opinion, the book is written for SharePoint consultants who want an in-depth view on building a SharePoint delivery program for organisation or for organisations who want to bring SharePoint in and want to avoid the pitfalls on servicing it.
Because the topic is so diverse, the author doesn't get in too much detail on each chapter, which is good. He will introduce key questions and topics, and leaves room for different views, methods and processes.
It is a practical guide, written with a lot of how-to's and best practices on how to build a delivery program! The contents should also be made available as a course!
Personally, I love this book. It feels like it is written for me. A lot of SharePoint books are about how users can learn SharePoint. This one aims at people who need to implement it. The business focus makes it a must-read for all SharePoint Business and functional analysts. If you are a junior, just starting out in the SharePoint world, read this book!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management
- Books > Computing & Internet > Microsoft Windows > Applications > Access > Reference
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Introduction to Network & Security
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web-server Software > Microsoft