Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
London Architecture Paperback – 17 Feb 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Marianne Butler is a freelance researcher, writer, tour guide, and lecturer. She divides her time between the Scottish Borders and London. Maxwell Hutchinson is the former president of the Royal Institute of British Architects. HisLondon buildings include Pink Floyd's Britannia Row recording studios."
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book tells the story of the building of London from the very earliest times to the present with examples of buildings to view and visit from each of the periods. There are nerdly little biogs of some leading architects , which also proved useful and interesting as well as a series of walks to follow where the best of London's buildings can be seen.
The only small gripe I have with the book is the illustrations. There really are not enough and what are there are trying to be a bit on the 'arty' side. The book deserves better so I am only giving four stars rather than five but at the same time I can highly recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
An informative book and gives you a brief study of architecture through the ages, hidden architectural gems and informative suggested walks.Published 8 months ago by peter b
Very useful little book. The maps with the suggested walks are a great idea.Published on 9 Sept. 2014 by 8mono4
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Memorials & Monuments
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > History > Social & Cultural > Local & Urban > London
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom