Lethal Laws: Animal Testing, Human Health and Environmental Policy: Animal Testing, Environmental Policy and Human Health Paperback – 1 May 1997
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Ms Fano has broken new ground, specifically on the question of the use of animals in toxicological testing of chemicals. Her book may prove to be the best intellectual treatise for the critical position she puts forward.' Sheldon Krimsky, Professor of Urban and Environmental Policy, Tufts University 'Lethal Laws is cogently argued and well researched. Ms Fano's analysis is a must read for anyone involved in environmental policy or public health.' - Andrew Kimbrell, Executive Director, International Center for Technology Assessment 'It is the accumulation of millions of 'safe doses' of the chemicals we are exposed to that is one of the main causes of many diseases, including cancer. But is it possible to establish really safe doses for the 75,000 chemicals in commercial use, let alone the 1,500 new ones introduced every year on the basis of animal tests? The answer is 'no'. What we must do is use far less chemicals. This is the thesis of Alix Fano's highly documented new book Lethal Laws - and it is very convincingly argued.' - Edward Goldsmith
About the Author
Alix Fano is a New York-based freelance writer and activist who, for the past ten years, has written about health, animal advocacy, and environmental issues, having had opinion pieces published in The New York Times and other US-based newspapers and magazines. Formerly the Media Director for the London-based group Doctors and Lawyers for Responsible Medicine, she is currently Coordinator for the Medical Research Modernization Committee in New York City. This is her first book.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Animal Rights
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Laboratory Techniques & Experiments
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Manufacturing
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences