- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Peter Lang GmbH; 1 edition (Feb. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3631527209
- ISBN-13: 978-3631527207
- Product Dimensions: 1.3 x 14.6 x 20.3 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 8,429,341 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Languages in Competition: The Struggle for Supremacy Among Nigeria's Major Languages, English and Pidgin Paperback – 1 Feb 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
The Authors: Herbert Igboanusi teaches sociolinguistics at the University of Ibadan. He has worked on Nigerian English usage and Igbo English in Nigerian novels.
Lothar Peter teaches linguistics (English, sociolinguistics, LSP) at Humboldt University Berlin. His recent publications deal with varieties of English in Africa and West African English-related pidgins/creoles.