- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (5 May 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521435528
- ISBN-13: 978-0521435529
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 0.9 x 29.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
895,606 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #260 in Books > Languages > English as a Foreign Language > By Level > Intermediate
- #1711 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- #2103 in Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- See Complete Table of Contents
Language in Use Intermediate Classroom book Paperback – 5 May 1994
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Language in Use is a good, solid course and will appeal particlarly to those students and teachers who enjoy an overt approach to grammar, and will appease those of us who feel that vocabulary has boon somewhat neglected in other courses. This course will instil confidence in new teachers and provide a refreshing alternative for experienced teachers looking for a change in their core text-book.' ATESOL No 2, 1995
'Of other important features of the course I would mention its flexibility (the Teacher's Book allows teachers to tailor the material and make short cuts through the course), clarity (clear organisation of the material makes the course attractive and easy to use) and creativity (there are a lot of involving and stimulating tasks that encourage personal input from the learners).' 'I used Language in Use Intermediate in a group of university students last year. It was a complete success. In anonymous questionnaires after a year of study the students wrote that they had never before come across a book that did not demand cramming material, but made learning so easy, natural and exciting.' English No 43, 1997 (Russian newspaper)
'The quality and originality of the illustrations is quite outstanding … great visual stimulation for both teachers and students making the books a pleasure to use. Everything is set out very clearly for teachers and learnes alike by means of user-friendly instructions, explanations, examples, summaries, and overall organisation.' VATME Newsletter, 1993
'I would recommend this Course Book as a modern up-to-date, user friendly package which could be used as support material for a language course, or part of a whole system which would extend and consolidate class work.' QATESOL Newsletter No.1, 1995
A popular and highly acclaimed four level course which both interests and stretches learners.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Languages > English as a Foreign Language > By Level > Intermediate
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference