- Paperback: 484 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan; 5th Edition edition (10 Nov. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0230006353
- ISBN-13: 978-0230006355
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 2.6 x 23.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 168,567 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
An Introduction to Global Financial Markets Paperback – 10 Nov 2006
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"The 5th edition of "An Introduction to Global Financial Markets" represents a welcome update and expansion of information needed by students of the international finance system. It provides much basic knowledge on the workings of stock, bond and currency markets as well as the role of commercial, investment and central banks. This is required reading for my graduate students and a good basic primer for finance professionals." --Delio E. Gianturco, George Mason University "I recently created a new course in Global Financial Markets, which I have been teaching at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago and at ICESI in Cali, Colombia. I looked everywhere for a good book and finding nothing I was relying on assorted handouts as readings. That was until I stumbled upon Stephen Valdez' "An Introduction to Global Financial Markets". I like this book because it covers all the topics I want, it does so from an international (not just US) perspective, and it
From the Author
The 5th edition has given me the opportunity to use a linked
web site to provide missing analytical details ( such as Black-Scholes) for
those happy with maths. Two entirely new chapters cover Hedge Funds and the
increasing significance of India and China. Extended coverage has also been
given to topics such as credit derivatives, hybrid bonds and Islamic
This is an increasingly popular basic textbook and one used by top
investment bankers as part of their training programmes. The 4th edition
was translated into Chinese by both mainland China and Taiwan.
All in all I am delighted with the 5th edition and hope that it will be of
great benefit for training needs everywhere.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the best book on finance I've ever read. It's a comprehensive introduction to financial markets written in simple language. BUY IT.Published on 27 Sept. 2007 by Kindle Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Macroeconomics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Banking
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Corporate
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Investments & Securities