- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Introduction to Forensic and Criminal Psychology Paperback – 5 Dec 2008
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
"Already a classic in its field, this updated text provides a lucid and critical review of forensic and criminal psychology. Dennis Howitt is to be congratulated for providing both breadth and depth across this rapidly expanding discipline."
Dr Jane Clarbour, University of York
Impressive... I love the style of this book and believe that students and researchers will find the theory and context invaluable in underpinning their knowledge of forensic and criminal psychology.
Dr Joy Coogan, University of East London
An excellent introduction to forensic psychology. The chapters are very well-organised and include an examination of key concepts and important controversies while the Forensic Psychology in Action sections provide students with an insight into the ways in which theory, research and practice work together in applied forensic settings.
Dr Lorraine Hope, University of Portsmouth
Up-to-date, clear and comprehensive coverage of the subject makes Introduction to Forensic and Criminal Psychology an essential read for students and a valuable resource for anyone with an interest in this popular subject. Its student-friendly style and useful features ensure that readers become comfortable with theory whilst learning about the practical nature of the field.
Fully revised and updated with international research, this third edition of Introduction to Forensic and Criminal Psychology includes a new chapter on terrorism and hostage taking and now has two chapters looking at the important area of profile analysis.
· Comprehensive, accessible and fully up to date with the latest research across the field.
· A range of pedagogical features are included to stimulate interest, add clarity, and encourage a deeper understanding: Key Concepts are highlighted across the text; examples of Forensic Psychology In Action are provided; and Controversies in the field considered.
· Important research studies and theories from an international perspective are described in depth.
· New glossary provides explanation of key terms for easy reference
· New end of chapter further reading section helps students discover key resources and how they can be used.
A comprehensive website supports this book at www.pearsoned.co.uk/howitt. This features a range of resources including multiple choice questions, essay questions, links to further reading, a guide to becoming a forensic psychologist plus interviews with researchers about their studies in the field.
An essential textbook for undergraduate students studying psychology, applied psychology and criminology degrees. It is also highly useful in many other subjects for which students need an understanding of how psychology relates to criminal justice and the law.
Dennis Howitt is Reader in Applied Psychology at Loughborough University.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category