- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2012 edition (5 May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1461432529
- ISBN-13: 978-1461432524
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 1.6 x 23.4 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
4,113,194 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #4591 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Autism
- #7462 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Child Development
- #8315 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- See Complete Table of Contents
Intensive One-Session Treatment of Specific Phobias (Autism and Child Psychopathology Series) Hardcover – 5 May 2012
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
“The current text is indeed a welcome addition to the literature because of its breadth of coverage but also because it provides an up-to-date overview of the literature. … For therapists who regularly treat clients with specific phobias, the text really is a must have. … For those with a more academic or research interest in the treatment of specific phobias, not only does the text provide an up-to-date overview of OST research, but it also highlights where gaps remain.” (Robert J. Edelmann, PsycCRITIQUES, Vol. 58 (7), February, 2013)
From the Back Cover
Whether it’s dogs, spiders, blood, heights or some other fear, specific phobias are one of the most prevalent mental health problems, affecting as many as one in eight people. In recent years, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) has emerged as particularly effective in treating young people and adults with specific phobias. And of these methods, one-session treatment stands out as a long-lasting, cost-effective intervention of choice.
Intensive One-Session Treatment of Specific Phobias not only provides a summary of the evidence base, it also serves as a practical reference and training guide. This concise volume examines the phenomenology, epidemiology, and etiology of phobias, laying the groundwork for subsequent discussion of assessment strategies, empirically sound one-session treatment methods, and special topics. In addition, expert contributors address challenges common to exposure therapy, offer age-appropriate guidelines for treating young clients, and describe innovative computer-assisted techniques.
Organized to be read individually or in sequence, chapters delve into key areas, including:
- Evidence-based assessment and treatment of specific phobias in children, adolescents, and adults.
- One-session treatment theory and practice with children, adolescents, and adults.
- Handling difficult cases of specific phobias in youth.
- Interventions for specific phobias in special populations.
- Training and assessing therapists in one-session treatment.
- Ethical issues in considering exposure.
Intensive One-Session Treatment of Specific Phobias is an essential resource for researchers, clinicians, and graduate students in child, school, clinical, and counseling psychology; social work; and general and special education.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Child Development
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Autism
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences