- Paperback: 173 pages
- Publisher: Grantha Corporation (1 Nov. 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1890206091
- ISBN-13: 978-1890206093
- Product Dimensions: 18.4 x 1.4 x 22.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,383,767 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Gathas of Zarathustra: Hymns in Praise of Wisdom Paperback – 1 Nov 1999
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
A rather short book (168 pages), but really good, and an easy read. It includes the translated Gathas (Hymns of Praise), as well as commentary. But the commentary is separated, so your read of the Gathas is uninterrupted. It also includes a nice introduction and history as to the social climate of the period. The footnotes are also good -- they notate parallels to the Vedas, special comments regarding specific translations (so you can make your own opinion to agree or disagree), and more. I found many parallels between Zoroaster and the others -- Christ, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad. And this was written thousands of years earlier. We truly are all one with the One.
If you are interested in Zoroaster, ancient religions, or have an open mind towards all religions telling the same message and want to expand your knowledge and understanding, then this is a good book to read!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Sacred & Religious Music
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Ancient European & Mediterranean Religions
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Sacred Texts
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies