- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
The Game of Words: The Remarkable Exhuberance of the English Language Hardcover – 18 Aug 2003
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
This tome covers everything from alphabetical poems to chronograms, acrostics to clerihews, anagrams to cumulative poems, acronyms to cryptograms - and that is just a selection from the two alphabetical sections of 'a' and 'c'.
A trio of brief samples from this excellent anthology:
A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
A man, a plan, a canal - Panama.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Reference > Dictionaries
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Reference > Language > Reference
- Books > Reference > Language > Slang & Jargon
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Hobbies & Games > Indoor Games
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Hobbies & Games > Puzzles & Quizzes
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Hobbies & Games > Word Games