- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Profile Books Ltd; Main edition (7 May 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1781250669
- ISBN-13: 978-1781250662
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.7 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (33 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 22,174 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Deep: Freediving, Renegade Science and What the Ocean Tells Us About Ourselves Paperback – 7 May 2015
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A fascinating, informative, exhilarating book. (Wall Street Journal 2014-07-14)
Idiosyncratic and Illuminating... Deep demonstrates that a rich, life-filled, mysterious realm of vast possibility is contained in that blackness. It will certainly enrich the thinking of anyone planning to spend time at the beach. (Horatio Clare The Independent)
Deep is a heartfelt, eccentric and pleasantly eccentric guide to the planet's most mysterious region. It should encourage plenty of readers to take the plunge. (Sunday Business Post)
Engaging and eye-popping. (Esquire)
Jules Verne's Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea meets Born to Run and the cutting edge of popular scienceSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Well written and instantly gripping, this is a very readable, enjoyable and fascinating book, mixing spiritual and scientific advancement with driven ambition.
I found this by accident and am all the better for having read it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very engaging read. Lots to interest the diver and non-diver. I have been struggling to make time for reading recently but found it very easy to find time for this book.Published 6 months ago by twentyclicks
Fascinating. I learned so much not only about free diving but about the ocean, human body and life of those who work at sea. A great read.Published 7 months ago by Mollie H
Amazing story of his research into - and eventual participation in - free diving. Allow yourself to sink into this book and share the experience.Published 7 months ago by Yvonne Dumsday
This book is great. It offers such an amazing insight into the world of the ocean and the mammalian life switch. Read morePublished 11 months ago by The Smalls
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Oceanography
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Other Sports > Extreme Sports