- Hardcover: 372 pages
- Publisher: Westminster John Knox Press; 1st Edition edition (1 Jan. 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0804231087
- ISBN-13: 978-0804231084
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.5 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 803,365 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
First and Second Samuel: Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching Hardcover – 1 Jan 1990
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Walter Brueggemann is William Marcellus McPheeters Professor Emeritus of Old Testament at Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, Georgia. He is the world's leading interpreter of the Old Testament, and is the author of numerous books, including Introduction to the Old Testament: The Canon and Christian Imagination and Reverberations of Faith: A Theological Handbook of Old Testament Themes.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is a great commentary that gives you insight on the OVERARCHING themes and narrative of Samuel. His writing is poetic and convicting. If you are wanting a technical commentary you will be disappointed the intent of this commentary is to give you themes, some clarity and most of spark your imagination as to how you would like to teach/preach on the text of First and Second Samuel.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Bible Studies > Old Testament > Commentaries
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Commentaries
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Concordances
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Reference
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Evangelism > Preaching
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology > Bible
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Sacred Writings > Hebrew Bible (Old Testament)